cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB 7.6.03.09 Upgrade Error: cannot start dbmsrv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm making upgrade SAP DB 7.3.00.62 to 7.6.03.09 (for use with a SAP Content Server) according appropriate upgrade guide and Note 793550 (- Supplementary info about the MaxDB version upgrade to 7.6). Operating system is Windows Server 2003 SR2 Standard Edition SP2.

There are four SAP DB databases on the server: FK1999, FK2003, FK2005, FK2008. I have upgraded FK2003 successfully already. Now i'm making upgrade of FK1999, but upgrade fails with error messages

connect: cannot start dbmsrv for this database

STDERR: cannot establish database instance session:

STDERR: connect: cannot start dbmsrv for this database

STDERR: MaxDB instance update exited abnormally

There was one different moment against FK2003 upgrade. DBUPDATE tool has told me that 3 instances are registered on the FK1999 and asks me about new dependent path. The upgrade guide does not mentions this question, so I accepted offered value:

STDOUT: beginning to check sap db instances

STDOUT: 3 instances are registered on 'c:/sapdb/fk1999/db'

Dependent path of FK1999 will be changed ...

STDOUT: New dependent path: [c:/sapdb/fk1999/FK1999]

STDIN:

STDOUT: Using new target dependent path: 'c:/sapdb/fk1999/FK1999'

STDOUT: start new instance update

I don't know, if this should be areason of the problem but I have absolutely no idea what should I do, repair, change, ...

Could you give me any advice, please... ?

Many thanks,

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

if you did not already did it. please open a support message for this.

thanks and best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

thank you for your response. I have decided to create support message yesterday (25.3.2010) already. The number is 249556 / 2010, component BC-DB-SDB. The messgae is in "Send to SAP" status, so I'm waiting for SAP response.

Best regards

Pavel

Answers (0)