Selecting PPDS Heuristics

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am in the selecting correct heuristics to my PPDS please guide me

Requirement is

FIRST

1. When i run my Heuristics for finished products first it need to check availability in stock and the remaining quantity it should give me Planned order.( when finis

2.For semi-finished product it also do the same as above as i mentioned , when it come to raw material (Third level) it shoudnt check availability it should automatically generate planned order.

SECOND

3. In detail scheduling when i see from resouce , product & resource it should give me detail view

4. In Optimizer it should be rolling plan for 1 month by setup time considering

Please advice me

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know CTP wont work for PIR.

What I understand is you want to create planned orders considering capacity as well as material availability just like CTP but you have PIR not Sales orders. MATP, CTP can be triggered against sales order.

Now achive requirement of finite planning you can also go for CTM but again set up optimization will not be possible.

Hence best way is have multi step planning run first step as infinite planning, secon step capacity leveling/set up optimization.

Regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

No SAP_PP_002 is not finite planning heuristics. It is recommended to have infinite planning run in first step and finite capacity planning in subsequent step. You can design your planning run with multiple steps with Tcode-/SAPAPO/CDPSB0.

First thing you need to decide which resource is bottleneck resource. Planning run can be as follows.

1. Step1-: SAP_MRP_001 with product heuristic as SAP_PP_002.

2. Step2-: Function Reschedule with find slot or enhanced backward-forward or stable forward scheduling for bottleneck resource

3. Step3-: Multilevel Bottom up or top down based on position of bottle neck resource to adjust upper level plan.

In secon step you can use DS board or production planning table or resource table to resolve alerts and better sequencing.

In third step you can run set up optimization based on set matrix by giving proper weightage to delay and set up costs.

Let me know any further clarification.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks Santosh. I am trying to take planning procedure number 1 Manual with check and y question is it ok to use this planning procedure and run my finite heuristic with CTP? OR FIRST RUN SAP_PP_002 and then SAP_MRP_001. Please conform me i am correct or any changes.

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am confused. PP1 is not logical if you wish to have CTP functionality.

What are you trying to accomplish, from a business perspective? Do you wish to use CTP? or what?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use standarad heuristics SAP_PP_002. Now exception is at raw material level you do not want to consider stock and directly genrate purchase requisition for same. To handle this you need to differnciate which stock is usable and which is not as there wil be stock built up against these newly created purchase requisition in future. One way is to move stock to blocked stock but if it is not possible to do so at least you can keep stock not to be considered in particular storage location. You can use CIF user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_STOCK_001 to avoid transfer of stock from this location to APO during CIF.

Point no 3 and 4 can you explain details.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your responce. Is SAP_PP_002 is finite planning? As i need finite planning and what planning procedure is suitable to this scenario?.

Coming to the 3 & 4

1. After completing finite heuristics run what ever planning order created and that planned order need to check in detail scheduling with sequencing of material or resources.

2. Next running through optimizer by setup time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj