cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is PROriginator in CJ20N maintained (while creating& saving n/w actit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When the user save the Transaction CJ20N, a network service activity is created with a PR Number ( Purchase Requisition Number) ,

This PR can be viewed in ME53N ( Purchase Requisition Display )

In the activity screen, in the user field tab, i have an option to enter the PR originator name.

For example if i enter the PR originator name as ABC while creating the activity and the activity gets saved and the PR also gets created.

But now when i go to ME53N to view the PR, i dont see the name ABC in the PR originator name( in the customer data) tab.

Instead i see another name XYZ there.

No matter what name i give in CJ20N & save the activity, i still see the name XYZ in ME53N Tcode.

It is like XYZ is superseding/over riding every other name.

Kindly guide me as to where i need to check as to where this name XYZ is maintained as the superpower.

Where is PR Originator in CJ20N maintained (while creating& saving n/w activity

Regs,

SuryaD.

Edited by: SuryaD on Mar 24, 2010 9:45 PM

Edited by: SuryaD on Mar 24, 2010 9:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this PR originator is a standard field in PR or is it an enhancement?......I dont find such field here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for your time and response.

The steps that i use to reach the PR originator.

Go to CJ20N.

open network.

Once network is opened, you will be able to see many service activities associated with it.

Double click on one service activity..

on the right side of the screen where you see the activity, there will be many sub tabs.

one of the tabs is called the User field.

When you go to the user field, you will be able to see PR originator.

the clarification that i need is, when i create a service activity with an input say ABC for PR originator in the user field tab and then save this service activity. then a PR gets created.

If i use this PR number and view it in ME53N, will i be able to see the same ABC PR orignator in the item, customer tab, (PR originator that i gave while saving activity)

Kindly clarify the same.

Regards,

SuryaD.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you wont, unless if you had used some user exits/BADI's to pull the data from User field of Service activity and put it in PR.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why don't you use the Requisitoner field on the activity detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your timeand response.

this is my inference on the issue.

Kindly confirm if my understanding is correct.

If the main activity  has the field PR Originator populated for ex. With ABC , then , irrespective of the entry made in the elements of service activityu2019s user field for example XYZ, the PR (ME53n)will still hold the PR originator  that was given in the main activity field i.e. ABC.
If the main activity has the field PR Originator blank, then the same entry that is made in the elements of service activityu2019s user field will  get reflected in the  PRu2019(Me53n) .

So, the PR Originator flows from PS to ME53n.
If main activityu2019s  user fields PR Originator is populated, then same will get reflected in PR.
If main activityu2019s user fields PR Originator is left blank, then the service activitys PR Originator will get reflected in PR.

Whenever i am saving a service activity(items) , i want to be able to give the PR originator and see the same on the PR.

Please let me know if that is possible .

If yes, how.

Regs,

SuryaD.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the data flows from user defined field in PS to the PR but not in desired way, then i think some enhancement has been done...May be you can check if any userexit/BADI has been used for this purpose......

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no std field called "PROriginator" in SAP PS can you please check the data element and see if it a "Zxxxxx"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

thanks again for your response.

The details of the field PR Originator are as follows.

Struct. AFVGD

Field name USR00

Data element USRCHAR20

Regs,

SuryaD.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right - so it is a user defined field.

There is no standard SAP code that will take the value form the activity user defined field and put it in PR - Read Ahmed's post.

Now find out which is the code/exit/badi etc that is doing this transfer of data from the activity user defined filed to the PR

Contact your ABAPer and with his/her help you can isolate the code logic and then redefine it as you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virender and Ahemd for your valuable inputs.

Further to my earlier post, wherein i said that the field that i see for PR originator is defined in the ABAP dicitonary as follows.

Struct. AFVGD

Field name USR00

Data element USRCHAR20

It is referenced as the field USR00 which is for the USERID( Login ID).

It is not a non-standard field.

it is avaiable in the strucutre AFVGD.

Kindly confirm if my understanding is correct.

Regs,

SuryaD.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should read our replies clearly....Values available in user defined fields are not transferred to PR in Std SAP system. If it is happening in your system then possibly a userexit/BADI has been used to pull this data to PR. Hope you have understood this time. So check for it.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Mar 28, 2010 8:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Kindly don't get furious.

I have understood this time.

I was just asking for a re confirmation..

Thank you for your input.

Regs,

SuryaD.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Furious!!!..No I am not....If you have found out the solution i.e., how the data from user field was pulled into PR...like exit/BAdi or some other method....Please mention the same in your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your time and guidance.

I found the place where the coding has been done to carry the value of PR Originator from the Project System (User Field Tab) to Purchase Requistion(Customer Data Tab).

Function exits:

EXIT_SAPLCOZF_001 Data transfer purchase requisition.

<link removed>

Regards,

SuryaD.

Edited by: SuryaD on Apr 14, 2010 4:35 PM

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Apr 14, 2010 1:11 PM

Surya - Thanks for posting the exit. No need for SAP Help link though - removed

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good that you finally found the exit....also thanks for posting it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surya:

In Cj20N ,for service Activity instead of going to User fields, you can use the Text fields like Service text and Line Text

After saving this activity, PR will be generated, on ME53N, you can view these text fields.

In user fields you can enter only values not text field. And In these text fields you can enter both.

I thin this solution will help you to see the values in ME53N

Regard

sudheer

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is user defined filed in PS can only be used in PS transactions. You cannot see the same in Me 53n.

With Regards

Nitin P.