Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII - Facts and Figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for some actual data, like -

i) Total number of customers using MII (dating as far back as the Lighthammer days), possibly with few names

ii) Big vs. medium vs. small companies

iii) Typical industries its used in

iv) Typical use of MII - integration vs. intelligence

v) Is an MES sytem mandatory?

vi) Any other relevant data

I need to put together a slide for an important presentation. So, please help.

Regards,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can share some information from my 9 years of experience with Illuminator / MII

Number of Customers: SAP is the best source for that

Big vs Small: I have worked on projects with fortune 500 companies that have global implementations, and thousands of employees. I've also worked with companies with less than 500 employees and two locations. MII works well in both situations (if they can afford it)

Typical Industries: Really I've found no typical industry. MII, by its nature, is applicable to almost any type of industry.

Typical Use: Is there one? I've seen MII used in applications from shop floor management and cost tracking, to process industries looking at regulatory data, to OEE Monitoring and many others

Is an MES mandatory?: Absolutely not. That being said, MII does not claim to be, nor really should be used as an MES replacement.

There is an old saying "when you have a big hammer, everything looks like a nail" MII is a big hammer (even when it was a "light"-hammer ha ha) it's power is it's flexibility, however I have often seen where some people who don't understand its capabilities fully think it is a "Fix all" application. No, MII will not solve world hunger, but what it does do is give you unparallel capability to visual, manipulate, and manage data from many datasources. Applied properly serves as a very elastic application to meet a variety of needs.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I should hope that your SAP sales person could provide this information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thought this would be quicker than finding the sales guy.