cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT File TO IDOC Archive directory file name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have EDIFACT file to IODC scenario. I have multiple source file locaiton but only one Archive location directory.But I have three different kind of file coming form three different location.

we can only have one archive directory per service, is it possible to manipulate the file name so we can tell if files were successful or failed?

For example, FileName1.txt, if it was successful, it would move to the archive directory and rename to u201CFileName1.txt.PASSu201D,

if it failed it would move to archive directory like u201CFileName1.txt.FAILu201D. Is this functionality possible?

Or will we just have to rely on Alert Categories to tell us when files have failed?

Kindly give your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here if failure means conversion of the file at the adapter level you are talking about then there is an option to send the erroneous files to the error file directory at the adapter level itself instead of the arcout directory...in case of failures..

but check this option whether its works as per your requirement or not..as the same does not worked for me..

but the option is there to need to know how far helpful in your case...

Check the point 18 in the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/70ec8a20453abee10000000a155369/frameset.htm

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI Experts,

>

> I have EDIFACT file to IODC scenario. I have multiple source file locaiton but only one Archive location directory.But I have three different kind of file coming form three different location.

>

> we can only have one archive directory per service, is it possible to manipulate the file name so we can tell if files were successful or failed?

> For example, FileName1.txt, if it was successful, it would move to the archive directory and rename to u201CFileName1.txt.PASSu201D,

> if it failed it would move to archive directory like u201CFileName1.txt.FAILu201D. Is this functionality possible?

> Or will we just have to rely on Alert Categories to tell us when files have failed?

>

> Kindly give your valuable suggestion.

>

> Regards,

> Sumit Gupta

When you say success or failure does it mean a successful IDoc created in SAP? if so you will have to use a BPM and on successful creation fo the IDoc write the file out with the PASS name else FAIL name.

you can also look at employing scripts but there is no standard feature for this requirement. I gather alert is a better option.