cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one please explain me what exactly is Application Integration? Currently we are using FPN to access BI, and the client now wants to shift to Application Integration(or is it Application Integrator?), there by shifting the entire structure to the portal end. How does one go about doing it?

I first am not sure if it has begun being implemented on our end. Can someone help me here? How to know it is being implemented?

I checked the content admin, and the way the iviews were created previously, these were created based on the Bex Web application, netweaver.. through which a template was formed, and then another to filter the frequent changes that might be required.

All the iviews have been created in this manner.

The roles and worksets, though created, do not show any direct connections to the iviews (when delta links are traced), yet there has to be some link aint it?

Please help.

My learningu2019s from various articles:

Application Integration shifts the entire focus to the portal end, but this might affect the SSO. So do I follow the details mentioned here in this link? /people/markus.pfeffer/blog/2005/12/14/integrating-your-web-front-ends-into-the-sap-enterprise-portal-using-the-application-integrator

There is another help link available, on how to add a business intelligence report to our portal http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6cc17893-0e01-0010-6d91-f9303b436...

But this is already in existenceu2026 does this mean that we are using AI already?

Please someone guide me on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

This is pretty straight forward. Here are the steps that you need to follow to change from FPN to AI iViews.

1) On your Producer (BI JAVA or BI Portal), you should already have a connection to the backend BI ABAP (SAP_BW or whatever you named it). Change the Login Method in SAP_BW on Producer to SAP_Assertion ticket.

2) On the Consumer Create a new system under System Lanscape BI_AI and enter the following details.

Create a load balanced SAP WEB AS connection on Consumer to point to the BI JAVA system with Description, name, port, login method and User Management category.

3) Create new iViews as shown in the link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6cc17893-0e01-0010-6d91-f9303b436...

6) Change the System parameter on the iView and see that it points to BI_AI (the new system that you created).

7) Test the iViews

PS:--> Try and see that you do not have multiple BI Master System defined in the landscape.

Hope that helps.

Edited by: Amish Patel on May 12, 2010 9:46 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is Application Integrator you need information on. Best to close this thread and move to Portal section. You have a better chance of getting a response there.

/thread/1587913 [original link is broken] might help in what you are trying to achieve.

Regards