cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail adapter multipart message problem

0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I'm experiencing problem with receiver mail adapter. In XIPAYLOAD mode (keeping attachments, use mail package, content encoding - none) messages that has multipart mime type (multipart/alternative exactly) are processing strange way (messages are made from MS Outlook). XI keeps service information and change some symbols words become unreadable. For example.

--_000_135E4C842D542241894122FD84C52E1D4134A33A81mail2itransit_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello world! This is text of multipart message! --_000_135E4C842D542241894122FD84C52E1D4134A33A81mail2itransit_ Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello world! T= his is text of multipart message!

000135E4C842D542241894122FD84C52E1D4134A33A81mail2itransit_

You can see T= his instead of This. And also why in main payload (<Content> field) it keeps info about all parts of whole message.

Attachments are kept correctly.

Any suggestions how to avoid this problem and keep just useful info (just text with correct symbols)?

I'm running XI 7.0 SP18.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Yaroslav Isachenko on Mar 24, 2010 2:31 PM

Edited by: Yaroslav Isachenko on Mar 24, 2010 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

The problem is that I do not encode message during it creation. And the = is inserted when I make part of my message with one color for example and another part is different.

Anyway the main problem is that technical info about parts of the message is put into the main payload.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mail server does the encoding.

The Content-Type of your mail and the delimiters of the message parts are not identical.

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Mar 25, 2010 2:34 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my blog for correct structure.

Use multipart/mixed for Microsoft Outlook.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

0 Kudos

Surely I can change mime type during message creation. But I need to receive correctly all mime types including multipart/alternative as the customer uses different mail clients and MS Outlook very often too (this problem occurs exactly for Outlook messages). Other clients receive such messages correctly. Should I create OSS note for this problem?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An OSS would not help, as this is an Outlook issue.

As far as i know, multipart/mixed works with all mail systems. maybe you give a try?

Could you post the first lines of your entries in Content tag and the entry and content-type also?