cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issues on OLAP univese based on Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am posting some strange questions and this forum might have answers but any responses will helpme out here

1. Source System : The Bex query based universe object is displaying all source systems in BW, so everytime the Source Syetms object been pulled into query (since its a mandatory) it pulls the entire list. Infact while creating Bex, The BW team is selecting or showing only 5 sourece system related this project. How can restrict this in Universe to show only those source systems which were selected in BEX. The observation is that in the Univrse object its pointing to 0level (which is master data set of the BW).

2. The mandatory prompts & optional prompts: When ever we run the small report also, All the prompts are appearing with Mandatory as well Optional. Since all pormpts are coming, I believe the corresponding LOV's ar also poping-up. So to get only prompts in the screen its taking 7 min. Can anybody advise, on above issues.( I know I can uncheck the option at object level to remove the option "Use filter as mandatory in the query)

3.How to create object that gives constant values: I have a requirement where I need to show "30", "45","60","90" of credit limits.These are constants across all reports.Can I create the object which givves me constants as out put.

I have few more questions and will be posting soon. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Pats

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Source System : The Bex query based universe object is displaying all source systems in BW, so everytime the Source Syetms object been pulled into query (since its a mandatory) it pulls the entire list. Infact while creating Bex, The BW team is selecting or showing only 5 sourece system related this project. How can restrict this in Universe to show only those source systems which were selected in BEX. The observation is that in the Univrse object its pointing to 0level (which is master data set of the BW).

>> The universe reflects what you are doing in the BW query. if you want to have a fixed list of source systems then you would create a filter in the BW query.

2. The mandatory prompts & optional prompts: When ever we run the small report also, All the prompts are appearing with Mandatory as well Optional. Since all pormpts are coming, I believe the corresponding LOV's ar also poping-up. So to get only prompts in the screen its taking 7 min. Can anybody advise, on above issues.( I know I can uncheck the option at object level to remove the option "Use filter as mandatory in the query)

>> the definition of optional / manadataory is done in the BW query for the variable definition. in case you want to avoid to load the list of values you can also enable the delegated search for the list of values.

3.How to create object that gives constant values: I have a requirement where I need to show "30", "45","60","90" of credit limits.These are constants across all reports.Can I create the object which givves me constants as out put.

>> just create a new object in the Universe.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for the updates and can you please provide the actual syntax for the constant definition in Universe.

Thanks

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create constants, yoiu need to create new objects with numeric data types anw write the Select statement like this:

<EXPRESSION>10</EXPRESSION>
<EXPRESSION>20</EXPRESSION>

etc.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the updates and can I use muplitple values here.

<Expression><Constant>10</Constant><Constant>20</Constant></Expression>.

My second question, I need to merge the date dimension in the report with two different Queries.

1st Query vlaues MM.YYYY= 01.2009

2nd Query Values MM.YYYY= Period 01 2009.

I need to create an object at Universe level for second Query(2nd data source or Universe) to map like the first query values.

Can I use

<Expression>Substr(MM.YYYY(2ND QUERY),8,14) </Expression>

Please advise....

Thanks

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only create one constant per object.

By the way you can create a n using a prompt operator to let the user choose among a list of constants like this:

<EXPRESSION>@Prompt('Choose a constant:','N',{'10','20','30'},mono,free)</EXPRESSION>

It is possible while respecting some conditions to return string with SAP MDX.

The only way to do it is when manipulating uniquename and name properties.

For instance you can build such expressions:

<EXPRESSION>[0CALMONTH].currentmember.name</EXPRESSION>
<EXPRESSION>[0CALMONTH].currentmember.uniquename</EXPRESSION>
<EXPRESSION>RIGHT([0CALMONTH].currentmember.name,4)</EXPRESSION>
<EXPRESSION>MID([0CALMONTH].currentmember.uniquename,17,2)</EXPRESSION>

In attachment, there is a screenshot of the expressions defined above used in a query.

Regards

Didier

Answers (0)