cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message during Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

During usage decision I have posted a lot to scrap. Then with 554 movement I took it back to quality inspection. But now I do not have any inspection lot to do result recording and usage decision against the batch and I am not able to move it to unrestricted via 321 movement. System is giving error message "change the inspection stock of material in QM only". For the material inspection types 01, 05, 08, 800 and 09 were activated in material master.

I tried by deactivating all the inspection types except 08 (system does not allow to deactivate all inspection types and gives error message "to deactivate QM inspection stock of material must be empty" whether I try to do it manually or through QA08) and then tried 321 movement but there also the same error message (As in first para) comes.

Please advise what to do...

Regards,

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cancel the 554 material movement. Bring back the stock to unrestricted instead of quality.

Do you need another inspection lot? or did you just post it incorrectly. If you posted it incorrectly, I would make any additional movements in IM at this point.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir,

I have done as you said to put material in unrestricted. But would it be possible in the situation given by me, to get an inspection lot to do result recording and UD for the quantity in quality and thus move it to unrestricted ? Please suggest...

Regards,

Sunit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can setup the 08 inspection type. First, move the material to a different storage location. Then activate the 08 inspection type. Make sure the material movement you will use (311 or 411) is activated for QM in config. Move the material with the 311 movement type to thedesired storage location. A QM lot shoud now be available.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunit,

The circumstances you narrated have risen because of inconsistencies between MM and QM. There are standard ways to answer this typical problem.

1. If you have done 553 movement by mistake and want to rectify then there is no any alternative but to apply note 175842. With this you will be able to take back the stock in quality inspection against the same inspection lot. This is called as document specific reversal.

2. Another option has precisely been explained by Craig which demands for 08 inspection type.

As I understand, your stock is still lying in quality inspection. You have to apply note 48815 in order to transfer this stock from QI to unrestricted. This note eliminates all inconsistencies like stock in QI without inspection lot and movement from QI to unrestricted use.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao