cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different routes in free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possble to have different routes in the items with free goods..?

Material B is given as free goods with material A. Both are from same plant and shipping point is also same. Both materials have different transportaion groups. In the sales order if I enter parent material (A) then it's free goods material (B) also get the same route. moreover this field for the B material is grayed out and i can not change it.

If i enter B material then it takes the route as per the customization done i.e. as per the transportaion group maintianed in the material master.

Is there any way to solve this..? or is there any enhancement point i can look out for..??

thanks in advance for your valuable inputs..

Regards,

Vaishali...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishi19,

Enter Material A in Line 10 of your Sales Order.

System will propose Material B as FOC in Line 20. Delete this line.

Add Material B in Line 30 as a new entry and in that line under "HLItm" enter the Line number of Material A. Now this material B will be FOC and it will retain its Transportation Group.

This should solve your issue, though its a manual way of doing things, its convenient. Any other better way gurus?!!

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help.. pease..?

Regards,

Vaishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As my per assumption through Free goods, it is not possible either to determine or customize diffrent routes.

If It is essential business scenario try the following option, it will definitly work.

1. Instead of Free Goods please incoropoarte SD BOM in CS01 transaction.

2. Do the Item category determination accordingly and propose TANN for the second item i.e free goods. So that the price will not be charged and cost can accumulated at header BOM level.

3. During BOM explosion in the sales order system will determine the header route to line item routes. But the route proposed at BOM item level is in editiable mode.

4. You can incorporate the check in user exit MV45AFZZ at line item and propose the new route for the BOM line items.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear URK999,

THank you very much for the reply with the solution. I will definately try this and will let you know if it works and accepted by the client.

Dear Venkat,

thank you for the solution. i did not think about this. But anyway client has specifically said that the user will not do any mannual chnages. But then if nothing comes up this solution can be pitched.

Thank you guys once again.

Regards,

Vaishali.