cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile project on NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using NWDI as version and transport control. Until now we had only created tracks of common application types as described on SAP Note Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types

But now we have to create a track of Mobile Client OCA. The mobile project has the following DC dependencies:

- tc/cmi (FRAMEWORK)

- tc/mobile/cfs/api (NWMCLIENT)

- tc/mobile/cfs/core/wrapper (NWMCLIENT)

- tc/mobile/oca/api (XOCA)

- tc/mobile/wdlite/facade (XOCA)

I found XOCA.SCA on Mobile Client Plugins installation, but I didn´t find NWMCLIENT.SCA, where can I find it to put on track dependency?

Thanks,

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your reply.

On CMS I checked-in and imported 5 components: sap.com_ENGFACADE, sap.com_FRAMEWORK, sap.com_NWMCLIENT, sap.com_SAP_BUILDT and sap.com_XOCA. All on version 7.10 SP9.

At CBS on my track´s buildspace the compartment sap.com_XOCA_1 has 2 Broken DCs: tc/bi/bp/oca/cfs and tc/bi/oca/api. On DC tc/bi/bp/oca/cfs the "Reason for Being Broken" is "USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT" and it´s Used DCs there is a lot of "Valid Usage" with red.

On my NWDS it compiles with success, what am I missing?

Best Regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you already tried "Update CMS"

[(NWDI)(CMS)Problems-P0006|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/(NWDI)(CMS)Problems-P0006]

I just googled for "USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT"

I am not sure, I have not seen that problem before so do not know how to resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alan, but I have already done "Update CMS" but it didn´t work to me.

I have noticed that on SLD the software components XOCA and NWMCLIENT have no product and also no dependencies. This software components were imported on SLD with CIM. Is that correct? Can it be the cause of the problem of my Track?

Best Regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what CIM is, so hopefully someone knowledgeable can help answer your question.

But I look at my SLD, and for XOCA - there is a prerequisite on DI BUILD TOOL 7.10 under Prerequisite Software Component Versions

And under Dependent Software Component Versions there are the Software Components I created listed as dependents on XOCA, same thing for NWMCLIENT

This is for the "tab" Dependencies and context "Build Time"

For Products they both have

NWDIDEMO of nwdi

i think this is pre-installed or was done by a contractor we hired to help setup NWDI, so i am not sure how the "products"are suppose to be configured

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I created a SAP OSS Message to resolve this issue and the problem was only at the dependency os SWCVs XOCA and NWMCLIENT. I had to put manualy the dependencies as described by Alan.

At the end i´ve configured XOCA to depend on SAP_BUILDT, updated CMS, checked-in and imported all SCAs again.

Thank you and best regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have a problem with Build Plugin. When I try to activate my MI projects, at CBS I receive the following error message:

Analyze request DC BV... started at 2010-03-29 13:42:21.949 GMT
'mycompany.com/demo_srv' variant 'default'
'mycompany.com/demo_srv' variant 'default' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.
Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED for this component or the defined Build Plugin is INVALID.
'mycompany.com/demo_ui' variant 'default'
'mycompany.com/demo_ui' variant 'default' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.
Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED for this component or the defined Build Plugin is INVALID.
Analyze request DC BV... finished at 2010-03-29 13:42:21.996 GMT and took 47 ms
===== Pre-Processing =====  finished at 2010-03-29 13:42:21.996 GMT and took 266 ms
Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED
Error! The following problem(s) occurred  during request processing:
Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "mycompany.com/demo_srv" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.
Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "mycompany.com/demo_ui" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

demo_srv is a DC type Mobile Applications for Handhelds / Mobile Service Component [sap.com]

demo_ui is a DC type Mobile Applications for Handhelds / Mobile UI Component [sap.com]

Where do I have to import the Build Plugin?

Best Regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from the above DC's you also need the build plugin dc's. I think you can get these in tc/bi/bp/oca..... at the same place where you get other DC's in NWDS or in the sca files.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to get NWDI to work with CBS because we used custom controls that required drivers.

Only able to figure out how use NWDI as a DTR.

But just to be sure you have imported the SCAs:

- sap.com_FRAMEWORK

- sap.com_NWMCLIENT

- sap.com_XOCA

- sap.com_SAP_BUILDT

two of the SCAs come from the

NWMCLIENTSETUP0P_.zip file in the MobilePlugins and MobileClient folders

and the FRAMEWORK and SAP_BUILDT I think are part of the NWDI installation

______

ANPC

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela

Search on Service market place for your MI verson, there you will find the required SCA files.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad!

I found NWMCLIENT.SCA on mobile client plugin setup (NWMCLIENTSETUP09_0-10004844.zip). Also the XOCA.SCA is there.

Thanks Arun

Best Regards

Gabriela