cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

we maintained payment terms in our order. my question is how and when they have been actually calculated during the sales process.

Wishes,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Payment terms tell the system when the Customer has to pay the outstanding amount. These will be assigned to particular customer and gets copied to the sales documents/ FI documents. You can manually over write them in sales document. in Payment terms we have an option called "Baseline date". Baseline date is the date from which the terms of payment apply.

The baseline date for payment is the basis for the permitted cash discount amount or the due date of the invoice. So the system takes the baseline date(Wether its a Fixed date/Document date/posting date etc...). This is how system calculates the payment due date. Transaction to Create/display payment terms ins "OBB8". Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Ram,

this means we have to maintain the Payment terms only in OBB8, and according to the values here, things are automatically determined at the time of order creation and invoices and we are not maintaining any thing else for these.

Wishes,

Abhishek

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Once Invoice gets generated, Accounting document gets created. This accounting document gets the values from the billing document( Net value and Vat... Gross value). This is the amount customer has to pay to the company. For example ,If you had set the Baseline date as the posting date, and the payment terms are "2 % cash discount if customer pays in 30 days". So system gives discount of @ % of total amount if customer pays the money in 30 days. You can see the payment terms in accounting document in "FB03". Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system calculates the payment terms on the base line date when we post the accounting document to Fi.It could be posting date or entry date.

So it's determined after we save the Billing documents.

Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, i have the problem regarding payment terms.

payment terms mention in va01 and vf01 is say ZP24 but at the time of accouting document it splits into two line items one with 0001 and second with ZH03 (payment is taken in advancd partialy)

what is the problem or there shuld be any setting for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all my problem has resolved.

actualy there is a setting in obb9 for my need.

any ways, thanks.