cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Level updation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

We are having one peculiar issue in the quality level.

We are having one DMR 005

The Dynamic modification is at "Lot Creation"

Reset period is one day

The below table shows how the DMR is setup

Stage Ins Short text No.o Max Ne Reje Ne

10 4 inspection stage 1 20 1 20

20 skip stage 9,999 1 10 9,999 10

So this DMR 005 will open one inspection lot per day and skip the remaining Inspection lots for that day and it will reset the next day (according to the server time).

What we are facing is it is working as expected, however some times the MIC;s will not be opened for the first Inspection lot created for that day (it also means that in that day it will not open at all). I have noticed that in QDL2, the reset date has some times mentioned or automatically populated as day next to the actual reset date.

For example, today is 24th Mar. If we create an Inspection lot, the MIC associated with this DMR005 will open up for recording the results. For the subsequent Inspection lots the MIC will not open up for the rest of the day. Next day i.e 25th Mar, the MIC will open for recording. However some times the "Reset Date" in QDL2 will display the date as 26th Mar instead of 25th Mar. So on 25th we will not be able to enter the results (We can enter manually by opening the MIC in QE51N or in any results recording screen)

I have tested extensively in our development systems and I am not finding any issue with this DMR and it is very difficult to replicate this error. Even in production it is happening sometimes only.

I have searched OSS notes 88734, 112618, 844979 & 942073, however I am not sure which one to use.

Please let me know your comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Giri

Edited by: Giri on Mar 24, 2010 1:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

+ some times the MIC;s will not be opened for the first Inspection lot created+

What does you actually means by this.

Reason I am asking this are you creating more than one inspection lot for same dynamic modification criteria.

Is it mandatory for you to check the char? If yes then wjy you are using DMR at lot level & not at char level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

The explanation for ":The Dynamic modification is at "Lot Creation" is as follows;

The quality level is updated immediately when the inspection lot is created after sample determination. This is in the creation of DMR 005.

The scenario is as follows;

Actually they are having 4-5 characteristics assigned to an operation. Out of 5 charac for 2 charc they need to enter results for all the Inspection lots, however for the remaining 3 characteristics they need to enter only once per day. Hence they have set the DMR at Charc level.They are creating 24 inspection lots per day.

Hence they have assigned DMR to a charac.

Thanks

Giri

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To summarize:

DMR at characteristic level.

For two characteristics you assign no DMR rule as these are required all the time.

For three characterisics you assign a DMR rule to one of them, and set upt the other two characteristics as dependent characteristics to it. (this means the last two follow the same rule as the first one).

It sounds like you are creating one lot every hours. (24 per day). How are these getting created? Manually?

My first guess is that you should really double check the creation dates on the lots in question and make sure they were truly created at the times they were suppose to be.

Second, I would consider just setting the number of skips to 23 and using a skip rule of 1 inspection + 23 skips. As long as you have a consistent process this should work provided the first time you kick it off you start it with the first inspection of the day. If you have a shift change at say 7:00 AM you might want to start it off then. Then the first shift should always see the required characteristics on the first insp. lot of their shift.

Also, the reset date shown is advanced everytime and the DMR is checked by the value of the reset indicator. This means in your situation you should never really reach it. The date should never be coming in play.

What should be coming into play is the max skip duration maintained on the skip stage which you should have set at 1 day. This value will not change or impact the reset date that you see. After 24 hrs it should bump the skip stage back to the initial stage. But it must be 24 hrs since the last required inspection. I beleive this is from the UD of the last required inspection not the creation date/time of the lot with the required testing. The DMR level is checked and advanced at lot creation but for purposes of date and time calculations I beleive it uses the UD date always.

You haven't mentioned what your max skip duration is set at on the skip stage. I beleive this is what you want to look at.

FF