Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to be made in EP server during Oracle database migration

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we have a scenario where both our Oracle database 10.2 and NW 7.0 server are on same system which has got the hardware configuration as 32 bit 2003 windows machine. Due to memory constraints DB team is planning to migrate the database in to another system which is of 64 bit unix OS.

Now before they migrate the Oracle database from current system to new system i wanted to know on what all parameters and changes have to carried out from NW/ EP end so that after the database is moved EP points to the same Oracle database in the new system and runs smoothly.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vipin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Currently we have a scenario where both our Oracle database 10.2 and NW 7.0 server are on same system which has got the hardware configuration as 32 bit 2003 windows machine. Due to memory constraints DB team is planning to migrate the database in to another system which is of 64 bit unix OS.

This is a heterogeneous migration (you change the operating system) - which requires a certified migration consultant to do that task. If you do it on your own you will loose support for the target system (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration)

> Now before they migrate the Oracle database from current system to new system i wanted to know on what all parameters and changes have to carried out from NW/ EP end so that after the database is moved EP points to the same Oracle database in the new system and runs smoothly.

You will have to use the Java export/import method, not copying database files over.

Check the official system copy guides.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since in my case only a migration of same database was happening i had to make changes in couple of fields inside config tool that is URL and Password.

Path: Config tool -> Secure Store.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipin.