cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 versions of MDM clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo

We have a need to maintain 2 versions of clients on my machine for a few weeks to connect to

7.1.02.59 and 7.1.04.122 version of MDM servers.

Is this possible?What are the steps to take during installation of new software version?

If Not ,is the newer version of client backward compatible,that is can i connect from 7.1Sp4 client console to

7.1 SP2 server?

Regards

Kalyan

Edited by: kalyan sankar on Mar 24, 2010 11:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You can install different version of MDM Clients on the same machine.

For First Version of Client Installation: Let it be installed in the default location i.e. C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1

For Second Version of Client Installation:

1. Double click on any of the Client setup and choose Next button.

2. In "Select Destinaiton Directory" step, change the destination Directory in like C:\MDM 7.1 and click Next button.

3. Follow rest of the steps as you did in your previous installation.

Hope it will resolve your problem.

Thanks/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I hope your problem will be resolved. If it is resolevd then please mark the question as answered and close it and If not, then let us know the problem.

Thanks/ -Tarun

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've added a short Q&A related to this issue in our [MDM Wiki FAQ|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/FAQ], too. This one shows how we handle this issue in MDM Development.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Yes, this is possible to Install 2 MDM GUI on same Desktop or Laptop. Please refer below link for more details

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Installing2MDMGUIonsameDesktoporLaptop

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to have 2 versions of MDM client at the same time. to do this you have to specify different directories for installation. For example, while installation of 1 version client specify directory as c:\program files\sapmdm... and while installation of second version specify directory as c:\sapmdm..

Try this and let me know if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv