cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPATH filter in rec determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can't seem to get my xpath working in my rec determination. I'm trying to put the following in my rec determination:

/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02[BBTYP = 'R' or BBTYP = 'C']EX 

But this doesn't go to the receiving system. In the above IDOC, nodes IDOC and E1WBB01 are unbounded. So basically, if BBTYP is R or C for any E1WBB01 node in any IDOC, then I want to go to the receiver.

Hope that makes sense. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have your condition as:

/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02[(BBTYP = "R" or BBTYP = "C")] EX

Just a doubt can we not have this condition directly specified using Condition Editor (the normal way)....instead of writing the XPATH.....XPATH is for more complex ones....although we can use both the aproaches here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I originally did use the condition with no XPATH exactly as SR Suraj has noted, however I kept getting the following error.

Problem evaluating a condition: An exception has occurred

So that's when I started fiddling with XPATH but kept getting the same error regardless of what I tried. Anyway, I discovered the issue was with the xml I was using for testing. It was incomplete i.e. it was cut off at the end. So it all works now using the original condition - no XPATH.

Thanks again for your replies.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JM,

Try with out single quotes..,

(/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02/BBTYP = R) OR

(/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02/BBTYP = C)

/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02[BBTYP = R or BBTYP = C] EX

Cheers

Veera

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JM.

Try this:

/ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02/BBTYP = 'R' OR
 /ZWBBDLD/IDOC/E1WBB01/E1WBB02/BBTYP = 'C' 

Regards

Suraj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

could you follow as specified in the blog. Be careful with the brackets and parenthesis