cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Tracks Lost in dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in some peculiar position. We have our nwdi tracks confitgured in our development system including dtr, cms and cbs.

so when we deploy application it should go to dev and then transported to other 2 systems. We have a central SLD in production system box.

Due to some issues, our dev system went down during Support pack upgrade and now we cannot login: login failure: all modules disabled.

We also dont have the backup as the backup is erased. what we have is offline file system backup.

We are planning to put our qa backup, in development system and then change all JCO and system objects paths to point to our R3 dev system. but we will loose all our tracks, versions of developed components in this activity.

My questions is how we can again apply our tracks and version, code of already developed components in the nwdi after configuring it again in the dev system.

Please help

ANkur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankur,

if you have an offline filesystem backup everything should be ok. because after all a DB Backup with brtools rman or other tool is jsut saving the database files to another location.

So i would just do a recovery of your database with this files.

In case this is not possilbe, The only change I see to recover your sources is if they went to assembly once. In this case you can find SCA files of your application in your CMS/archives folder. In default this is located under /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

If the SCAs are assembled with sources you can setup your track and checkin this SCAs. You will have the sources of the last release then in your new track.

If they don't went through assembly or without sources and your databse is broken with no way to recovery, things look mighty bad in my opinion.

Hope this helps

Jan

Answers (0)