cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child part demand for Subcontractor parts not reflecting in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a situation where the demand for child parts are not reflecting in SNP.

The demand for the parent parts are visible in SNP, but the demand in turn is not being reflected against child parts that are Subcontractor parts.

The demand for child parts are visible in R/3 and in Product View (/SAPAPO/RRP3 - Product View) in APO, but not in the planning book.

Please can you assist me.

Thanx in advance.

Keegan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

The demand for the child part is visible in R3 and product view due to the BOM explosion of the subcontracting type receipt in R3 which is independant of the BOM explosion of the Planned orders at subcontractor location in APO.

As you are not able to see the demand in SNP, can you check if the heuristics run at the child products at sub contractor location has been run as it is not an automatic process and needs to be scheduled or manually run.Also check if the Tlane between subcotractor location and tolling plant is maintained with means of transport.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

Let me give you further detail to explain the problem.

Child part - A

Parent part - B

Finished Product - C

Step 1 - We purchase part "A".

Step 2 - We supply part "A" to subcontractor supplier,

who after processing part "A" supplies back to us part "B".

Step 3 - We issue part "B" to finished product "C" ,as part "B" is a BOM component for part "C"

The problem we face is that when Demand for part "C" comes through, it in turn places Dependant Demand on BOM compnent part "B".

The APO SNP system then raises Purchase Reqs for part "B" which is placed on our Subcontractor supplier.

However the demand for part "B" is not distributed to part "A" which we need to raise Purchase Reqs for as it is needed to be supplied to Subcontractor to process for us and then in turn supply back to us part "B".

Please advise as to how we can distribute the demand for part "B" to part "A" as there is a 1 to 1 ratio, so for every 1 part "A" we purchase and supply to Subcontractor, we raise a Purchase Req against the Subcontractor to receive back 1 part "B" which we issue to Production order for finished part "C".

Also please let me know what the settings in the R/3 material masters should be for part "A"and "B" on tabs MRP 1, 2, 3 and 4

Please let me know if there is any other info you require from me, to assist me.

Thanx in advance

Keegan