cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch status change with UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a question about batch status change while taking UD. I understand that stock posting and batch status for each UD code is decided by the value in 'Posting proposal UD' field in Selected Set settings. I understand that I can customize the movement types for the values (eg VMENGE01, VMENGE02 etc) in config. But that is only for stock posting. From what setting is the Batch status decided eg. If we approve, the batch is unrestricted and if we reject it is restricted.

Can I customize those values which are available in the drop down in the 'Posting proposal UD' ? Can I create a value of my own ?

Regards,

Manish Saraswat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Check setting in tcode OMCT.

Also check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/25/283a734f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It partially answered my query. My other question is that in the Selected Set in the field 'Posting proposal UD' can we change or create our own values to be included in the drop down list ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Use tcode QS51 or QS53

Select suitable Catalog and Plant and add your own values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Teja,

Thanks again for your inputs. I understand that in Selected Set edit transaction(QS51) I can select values for the field 'Posting proposal UD' from the available dropdown. My question is can I add or modify the values already available in that dropdown ?

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes manish u can add and modify both. The tcode QS51 is same for both. Once you do the changes over here and then you go and execute your transaction you will get the newly added value in that drop down.

Also check details of catalog and code group in QS41

Edited by: tejasg on Mar 24, 2010 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Teja,

I think I am not making myself clear. When I go in QS51 or QS53, there is a drop down list for the field 'Posting Proposal UD'. I can select values from that drop down list. But I dont want any of the values which already exist. I want to create my own values which can be included in the drop down list. Can I do it ? If yes, how ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

execute tcode QS51

you will be able to see 'Posting Proposal UD' in "Selected Set ". Now select that line (Posting Proposal UD line). Status for Posting Proposal UD should be "Released"

After selecting that line on left hand side there is " Dialog Structure " in that there is " Selected Set Code " Click on that.

Complete list of code will come you can add and modify those codes.

Hope now its clear to you.

Edited by: tejasg on Mar 24, 2010 4:21 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, to the best of my knowledge you can't add different stock posting proposals to the currently available list. Prior to 4.6 ( I think, it might have been 6.0) you only had the general stock categories available. After that they added choices to include batch status changes. So now you have new ones added in like.

VEMENEGE01 1 unrestricted stock, blocked batch status

VEMENEGE01 2 unrestricted stock, unrestricted batch status

Most of the previous choices now have two batch status variants available as well.

FF

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

if I understand you correctly you are thinking of adding your own values in the drop down list of the stock proposal field in QS51 and that is not possible and would be considered a modification of the standard form SAP.

Maybe this answers your question.

Regards

Isabelle