cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove user authentication for SAP Web Service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using SAP Web Services in my flex application. Every time wsdl url is called, the username\password window pops up. I want to remove this.

I searched in the forum and based on the discussions, I tried giving the user name password under Web Service Administration using SOAMANAGER, by selecting No Authentication option. But this did not work. I still get that pop up.

I also tried giving the credentials in SICF, under Logon Data tab of the service. This too failed. I kept getting the pop up.

Can someone pls let me know how can I remove this? If username password in mandatory to be passed, I can create a temporary username which will be used to access all of my webservices and use it. But I want to remove this authentication part when I am using the flex application ang calling the web service url from within it.

Appreciate your help.....

-Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help pls.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a little bit tricky, because the interface has changed several times in different releases. I know that it is possible without authentification.

I remember that i defined somewhere the default client, the username and password in the ERP system to use by this web service.

Maybe it helps if you try the old transactions WSADMIN, WSCONFIG or WSADMIN2 ?

Sorry that I cannot help you more. I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Joern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joern,

Yes, I tried those T codes, but my web services are not at all listed there. It is avaible in SICF and SOAMANAGER. And as you said, there is an option to give the log on credentials in the log on tab of that web service, which we can do using SICF. I have tried this. But I still get that username\password pop up.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make sure, because you did not say it. If the window pops up and you enter the username and password then the web service call works? Is it an ABAP function module exposed as a web service?

if you refer just to the access of the WSDL file (i.e. no web service call) then this is a different thing, I thought you want to remove it for calling the web service?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Was this ever solved? I am facing the same issue.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this issue resolved?? I am having the same issue