Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Transport Acknowledgement

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing JDBC-IDOC scenario.i am splitting the multiple rows that i have selected to multiple messages and generating multiple IDOC's (one IDOC for each message type { means for each row in JDBC} ) and sending to ECC Using BPM.

once the IDOC is delivared to ECC ( successfully reached to ECC) then we need to delete that particular row in the database.

Transformation-1              Async-Send-1     ---      Transformation-2                           ---- Async send-2
(request row to IDOC)    (IDOC send to ECC)        (request row to Delete structure)               (To Delete)    
                               (Transport ACK)

if any IDOC got failed to deliver to ECC that row should not be deleted in database.( means in above BPM last 2 steps should not excute)

i have used transport ACknowledgement in async-Send-1 step. that step has to wait until it receives positive ACK and if it receives negative ACK it should trigger exception and further steps should not be executed.

Questions:

i have read in some forum questions that even if negative ACK comes to the send step it will execute the further steps in BPM.is it true ?? What's it's actual behaviour??

If i want to use the transport ACK for IDOC then i need to do any ALEAUDIT settings in ECC or not required??

who will send the transport ACK to BPM?? receiver system ( here in my case ECC) or receiver IDOC adapter??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

If i want to use the transport ACK for IDOC then i need to do any ALEAUDIT settings in ECC or not required??

You dont have to do ALEAUDIT if you want transport level acknowledgements.

who will send the transport ACK to BPM?? receiver system ( here in my case ECC) or receiver IDOC adapter??

The adapter will send it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved by myself

0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding your first question (Transport level ack)

The transport level ack will send back positive or negative ack.

So you have to design your BPM in such a way that your SEND step will be in side a block.

Then you have to insert a deadline and a exception branch in the block.

If the Transport level acknowledgement returns Positive then the steps next to your SEND step will get executed.

If you dont get an +ive ack then the control will be sent yo the deadline brach for specified mins (say 5 mins).

Even after 5 Mins (mean time i guess the adapte perfrom the default retry mechanism for getting a +ive ack)

if you dont get a +ive ack then the Control will be sent to the exception branch and the steps in the exception branch will get executed.

Thanks

Prasanna