HI

I have a question with regard to Proof of Delivery

We created sales order for 5 Qtys

Created Delivery for 5 Qtys

PGI done for 5 Qtys

Physically delivered 4 Qtys

POD confirmation for 4 Qtys with Difference Reason

Billing for 4 Qtys

But what will happen to the 1 Qty where PGI already done .When do we reverse that. When i try to reverse teh PGI after doing confirmation in POD (VLPOD) with diffrerence , syetem is not allowing me to reverse the PGI saying POD confirmation is there.

System is allowing me to reverse the PGI only before the POD confirmation anf if i do so i couldnt enter the difference in POD confirmation.

There is one transaction VLPODF - Subsequent process for POD where we can see the difference qyts for deliverys. Is this the trancation where we reverse the PGI for difference ?

KIndly help me in giving your valuable inputs

Regards

Anis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

I do not think the standard SAP would allow the reversal of the difference in quantity. The function of the POD is used as such where the nature of the business itself, where the delivery of the actual quantity to the customer is not known from the start.

So, the actual quantity issued from stock is 5 qty, and when customer received 4 qty, they would want to be billed only for 4 qty. The difference is recorded in the subsequent document of POD in the list where you are able to inspect and make business decision based on the list.

That's the use of the POD to cater to the need of certain industry where such process is required - i.e. Chemical.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PKW

Thanks for your valuable feeback...

If the difference is more say ( instead 1 qty , 100 qtys are difference ). what i am going to do with that 100 Qty. ? What is the business decision to do with that 100 Qty? Do i need to take returns /return delivery/w/o credit memo...

Sales revenue booked for 1 Qty and Cost of Sales booked for 101 Qtys , then the Net Gross Margin will go for a task..

Thanks

Anis

Answers (0)