cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany and Revenues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have (I think) an intercompany scenario we are trying to map in SAP that is not completely covered by the standard / regular intercompany scenario and I was wondering if someone could throw light on this. This is the scenario:

We have company 1000 and company 2000 in two different countries. Company 1000 has a customer in company 2000's country and wants to use company 2000 as a pass through company.

Company 1000:

- executes the project

- incurs real cost

- sends an intercompany billing request to company 2000

- needs to report sales, cost of sales and profit margin

Company 2000:

- no real costs

- receives the intercompany billing request from company 1000

- invoices the customer

- needs to pass the revenue to company 1000 (does not keep revenue) and needs to have zero margin.

Using the standard intercompany process eliminates intercompany sales in company 1000 and intercompany cost of sales in company 2000. However, company 1000 must report sales and cost of sales.

Apologies for the long post, but any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

company 1000 should treat company 2000 as customer. Company 1000 creates sales order mentioning Co2000 as customer, and Co2000 should create sales order mentioning actual customer. company 1000 executes project, bills company 2000 and company 2000 will bill actual customer. Once payment is recieved from actual customer company 2000 will pay company 1000 referring its invoice.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there might also be another thing to watch out - are the companies in the same controlling area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra, they are in the same controlling area.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then what Ahmed has stated is correct

the standard configuration for intercompany is in SD module

talk to your SD consultant