cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.0 and SAP ERP 6.0 Installation Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am fresh in this area. Currently, Im little quite confusing here when installing SAP. Firstly, after run the sapinst and the first page of SAP Installation Master will appear. Here i can see that there are 2 installation. One for SAP ERP 6.0 and the other one is SAP Netweaver 7.0. what im confusing here, which one need to install first? What i have from guide from the trainer is directly use the SAP ERP 6.0 to install it using system copy until it finish. Then, what i want to know, why is the SAP Netweaver installation master is there? One more thing, is it correct if i install SAP ERP 6.0 and it directly install the SAP Netweaver 7.0? Please correct me if im wrong.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Master will have both the options..there's nothing wrong with that.

It all depends on what you want to install..i.e. if u need an ECC 6.0 system you'll choose the relevant option; however, if you want to install only Netweaver components like BI, PI, EP etc. you can choose the second (Netweaver) option.

Also, if you install an ECC system, you can always add additional Netweaver Usage types to it.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day,

-S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saba Sheikh,

May I know if i install ECC6.0 using AS ABAP means that Netweaver 7.0 also be install on it? is it correct? What about if i want to install BI and EP inside the server? If i not mistaken, BI and EP need to use AS JAVA. so i need to select SAP Netweaver 7.0 to install it once again? Please correct me if im wrong.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you select ECC 6.0 , an ERP system will be installed (Netweaver is the base).

Plus you'll get an option to select BI, EP etc. as well..i.e. you can install all these components within one system.

You don't need to do it twice...just select ECC & go ahead.

AS-JAVA is need for BI Java, EP & PI.

Thanks,

-S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saba,

the problem is I just select AS ABAP only when installing ECC6.0. Im not select AS JAVA or AS ABAP and AS JAVA. Thats the problem here. Can BI and EP works in ECC6.0 AS ABAP?

Thanks

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you install As ABAP only then your BI and EP will not work. becuase BI and EP must require As Java.

I would reccomend if you want to see BI and EP on your system then go for AS ABAP + JAVA Now OR you can also install BI and EP compoenent AS JAVA after sometime if realy required on SAME ECC SID.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Thank you for your reply. May i know how to install AS JAVA directly into same ECC SID? Is it i need to do system copy onc again and select Central System based on AS JAVA or maybe i just select Java Add-in for ABAP inside the same Installation Master.

Thank you.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First install as abap then As java on same system

regards

Arun

Edited by: Arun Jaiswal on Mar 24, 2010 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download the latest Master & select ABAP+JAVA--Central System.

Thanks,

-S