cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid invitations are not going to Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create BId invitations, but vendors are not recieving these invitations. We created contact persons and maintained vendor email address and everthing is working fine till last week. we got compalin that not recieving any Bid Invitation emails this week.

When we see T-code SOST, all vendor email address are showing in Greena and saying everything went fine...can some one tell me where could be the problem...and where to check.

If it didn't go to one vendor i can understand there is problem from vendor side...none of the vendors getting BId Invitation emails...

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Can bidders(vendor) see the bid invitations after they loged in for creating BID against Bid inviatation?

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is surrogate bidding, vendors will not have SRM access to accpet bid. Once they recieve the bid through email, they will send accpetance over email.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

To me it sounds like your SMTP server problem.

Here is a test you can do to confirm that to your mail folks.

Go to SO01 transaction and send yourself a test mail. In the recipient list use internet and use a external mail account (yahoo or gmail etc). Then check in SOST that mail has been sent. Then check if you receive that email to your external account. Do the above steps for your company internal address and check. That should tell you if the external emails are blocked on SMTP server.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Permit Proxy Bidding flaged?

since vendor has to call up the buyer please do bidding on behalf of supplier.

are you expecting system should send a message to buyer to participate in bidding?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Since you are seeing green status in SOST, it appears the emails are leaving SAP fine. It appears to be a problem with your SMTP server. Check this thread also.

SG