cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid transport binding settingsPeer sent alert: Alert Fatal: illegal par

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When i am testing the web service (configured for SSL HTTPS) in WSNavigator, i get an error like

"Invalid transport binding settingsPeer sent alert: Alert Fatal: illegal parameter"

Let me know if you know the issue and how to fix it

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

When you created your logical port did you configure it for HTTPS?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.

How do you set the Logical port for this web service?

Since i am using WSNavigator to test this ABAP webservice, i suppose the Logical port has to be configured in NWA on Java.

But which consumer proxy should i configure it for?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry let's start again so that I understand what you're trying to achieve. You're trying to test provider proxy through WS Navigator or a consumer proxy? If you're testing a consumer proxy then you would have generated your client proxy in the backend & created the logical port using SOAMANAGER & specified https as the protocol?

If you're testing a provider proxy then when creating the binding you would specify https.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I have configured the Provider proxy and created a HTTPS endpoint for it (with basic HTTP authentication for user id /password)

And i am trying to test it through WS Navigator.

When i try to execute this service in WS Navigator i get the error i have mentioned.

I have noticed the log on NWA that i get a SSLException and it fails on handshake with provider and consumer.

Any ideas as what could have gone wrong with Handshake? Is there anyway to debug/trace the handshake conncetion (unfortuntely there is no more data in the log)

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

It looks like there's something wrong with the Trust Relationship (Mutual auth) certificate setup between the provider & consumer. I haven't worked much with this so I won't be able to help, sorry.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

You were right. There was an issue with the certificate.

Earlier we tried using a self-signed certificate on ABAP system and distributed it to the Java system. However it did not work. Dont if it is not the right way to do or we did some mistake.

But we replace the self-signed certificate with a CA certificate and distributed it to all the systems.

Apart from it, we also reloaded the Cryptographic libraries on both the systems.

It started working after that.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

You were right. There was an issue with the certificate.

Earlier we tried using a self-signed certificate on ABAP system and distributed it to the Java system. However it did not work. Dont if it is not the right way to do or we did some mistake.

But we replace the self-signed certificate with a CA certificate and distributed it to all the systems.

Apart from it, we also reloaded the Cryptographic libraries on both the systems.

It started working after that.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Vivek