cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message split in PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am doing the message split and sending the messages to ECC through Proxy. The message split is successful with the ECC 6.0 EHP1 but fails for ECC 6.0 EHP4 with the below error and in both the cases i am using XI adapter.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">ADAPTER_NOT_MMF</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>IENGINE</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Adapter IENGINE cannot process message packages</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I am able to split and send the messages successfully to ECC 6.0 EHP4 system using the SOAP adapter and XI 3.0 protocol.

but not with the XI adapter. any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not send result of multimapping messages through xi adapter.

ex:-after doing multimapping you can not send these message to BPM. Because while message receiving to BPM, internally server uses xi adapter.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudhan,

You can send the result of multimapping to XI adapter in PI 7.1 EHP1. You can give a try and check in PI 7.1 EHP1.

The problem is the split works fine when sedning the multimapping result to ECC 6.0 EHP1 but it dosent work with ECC 6.0 EHP4.

we are planning to open a OSS ticket with SAP.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Mar 26, 2010 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raj:

From the replies of the thread, I think you come cross new issue that no one has experienced.

The only way is to search the OSS notes, or as you side, open a new note for SAP.

Regards.

Liang

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>I am able to split and send the messages successfully to ECC 6.0 EHP4 system using the SOAP adapter and XI 3.0 protocol.

but not with the XI adapter.

you can only do it with SOAP adapter if you're sending message to ECC

soap adapter XI 3.0 works in the very same way as XI adapter - so just use the SOAP

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michal,

The split is working fine with the XI adapter in PI 7.1 EHP1 but we are facing problem with the target ECC system at higer version.

I have looked into the trace file and the HTTP_Send is not taking place while sending it to ECC 6.0 EHP4

Thanks,

Raj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The split is working fine with the XI adapter in PI 7.1 EHP1 but we are facing problem with the target ECC system at higer version.

and does it work with SOAP XI3.0 adapter on EHP4 ?

btw

did you check sproxy and SLDCHECK on ECC after the upgrade?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Yes. Message split works fine with SOAP XI 3.0 protocol for ECC 6.0 EHP4. I have checked SLDCHECK and Proxy and they are good. we have other proxy scenarios with ECC 6.0 EHP4 as target and they work fine.

we have problem only with the message split. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Mar 24, 2010 4:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Message split is possible only with adapter engine adapters. But not with integration engine error adapters. So it dont work on idoc, xi and http adapters.

See the restrictions mentioned by jin in his blog:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The message split on the IE works fne from PI 7.1 EHP1. We have the split working for ECC 6.0 with the XI adapter but ECC 6.0 with EHP4 is giving the above errors.

Thanks,

Raj