cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP transaction

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've just installed Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1 on a Windows server with MS SQL Server 2005.

The install went fairly smoothly (only a coulple of memory issues), although my practise server does not have a Fully Qualified Domain Namae (FQDM) or a connection to SAP to be able to download correction notes, patches, etc.

My questions is related to traying to set it up, with transaction SOLMAN_SETUP. When I first tried I received the SYSTEM_SHMCONSTR_LOGON_FAILED short dumps. I found note 1318269 that helped me start a web dynpro application that started the shared memory.

But now when I run the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, I get to a log on screen but it doesn't recognize the user. After 3 tries I get the I get the Error "Client, name, or password is not correct; log on again" message.

I've already logged onto the system (SAP GUI) with this user to run the transaction, so it seems a little funny to me.

Any suggestions on where to look or how to fix this problem?

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked if the user is locked in the Java schema with the user management administration console (UME)?

Regards,

Ana.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tsp
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi :

May I know where do I run the transaction 'SOLMAN_SETUP' ?

Thanks,

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Today, I'm getting the CX_FQDN short dump when I try to log in. Which pretty much confirms the Lack of an exceptable FQDN on the Sandbox server as the (or at least one of) problem.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken, a little late answer, but anyway...

When running the TA= SOLMAN_SETUP You're calling a webdynpro. And as You and others in this thread are aiming at, You need to have FQDN for Your host to be able to run webdynpro's.

You can have a further look into this link at SAP Help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm70/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

and also "note 654982 - URL requirements due to Internet standards".

However, You can try a little trick on Your host file by adding a dummy domain like "<solmanserver>.acme.local" and point it to Your Ip-adress. And also adding the FQDN in SAPLOCALHOST, SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and icm/host_name_full in RZ10. Also remember to add it to your own hostfile on the client you're logged on with SAPGUI. It might just solve Your problem. Have a go!

Regards Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the logon screen after you have executed the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, can you confirm that you have the correct client number specified. Let's say things work fine in client 000 and in this you are trying to log in using client 001, it won't work.

If this is not your case are you trying to log in using a default SAP Account or another you created afterwards?

Thanks,

Mark

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've tried logging into both client 000 and 001, with both DDIC and a created account with the following added roles (from security guide (page 70)

SAP_SM_BASIC_SETTINGS - This role contains all authorization objects necessary for ABAP stack

SAP_SM_BATCH - This role contains authorizations for a defined user for background job processing

SAP_SMWORK_BASICCONF_COMP -This composite role contains all work center navigation roles.

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN -

SAP_BI_E2E - To configure BW-related functions

SAP_BW_CCMS_SETUP - To configure BW-related functions

SAP_SMSY_ALL - Full authorization for transaction SMSY, maintenance of systems, servers, databases and logical components

I'm thinking it must be due to not having a valid FQDN, but am not sure.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume you can still log on to your Solution Manager from SAP Logon, correct? Before you go to the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, type in the word 'static' without the quoutes in your transaction bar and then go to solman_setup. See if you get a different response or it even works. If it is anything different, then you will know it's due to the Domain settings.

Thanks,

Mark

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It tells me transaction static does not exist. But I tried SOLMAN_SETUP again anyway. No change, still con not log in.

Thanks for the suggestions

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all..have you maintained Fully qualified host name ?

webdynpro services are activated or not ?

Thanks

Sunny

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Unfortunately with this virtual, Tech Sandbox there is no FQ Host Name.

2nd, yes the I do have the Webdrynpro services activated:

- sap -> public -> bc -> webdynpro

Ken

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you implemented SAP Note 1172948 - SAP Solution Manager - Basic functions ?

Thanks

Sunny