cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Series Vs Order Series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I tried looking into it but i want a more clear & practical explanation of Time Series & Order Series. I know the Basic difference but i want to understand what it means & practically what are the factors that trigger us to use one of this or both.

Best Regards,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, generally Time Series Data Used in DP, and Order series data in SNP (refer to an order category) as you know. But you may want to use time series data in SNP. You can define another planning area and asigne the time series key fig to it. Additional time series key figures used for storing persistent data required for BW reporting and alert calculation.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Mayur,

Time series data is similar to an array of values in different time buckets.It is a range of values with as such no relation to order categories. for ex if you want to have a breakdown of a month value 100 to see details what it comprises of, then it is not possible.

As demand planning is a consolidated planning where we are more concerned with getting the values of the total demand we have the time series values. That means that you have forecast values in time buckets and it is sufficient for you to plan your replenishment later.

As and when you will receive the sales orders the confirmation of forecast can happen later.

Whereas Order series data are the data which is related to order categories and even though it shows consolidated numbers in time buckets , it can be broken down to individual orders. for ex distribution receipts of qty 100 in one time bucket can be detailed down to individual orders summing up to 100 value.

Generally in SNP replenishment planning , you use order series data as replishment plan needs to be order based and these orders are then pegged to demand elements,

you can also use time series elements in SNP, if required. Practical applications could be safety stock elements in SNP are time series elements

let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav