cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want SAPSCRIPT Work orders to be saved as PDF via ADS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Folks, we are on ECC ABAP system and have ADS installed and configured on one of our Java stacks. Everything tests out to be fine from ECC ABAP to the Java Stack as we have printed PDF docs from this ECC system.

Now, we want to see if we can get our Work Orders (IW32) which is in SAPScript format to be saved as PDF format.

When we click the Print icon, it comes up with a print dialog where we can select our printer. If we have any 3rd party PDF convertr installed, we can choose that and it can be saved as PDF format. However we want the same functionality to be available via ADS which we have already installed.

Does anyone have any idea about this? How to use ADS to save Sapscript WO to a PDF file?

PS: I have checked this URL - but i dont think this talks about ADS functionality.

Thanks

WR

Edited by: WR on Mar 23, 2010 11:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That forum deals with the smartforms. As you have understood, your scenario to convert smartform into PDF is a solution for lanscapes where no ADS is installed. Hope they will help you. Maybe you can add the link to the new post there to help people interested in your problem to navigate there. And then close the thread. Have a nice day, Otto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i have posted my question in another forum as indicated. However my question is not related to Smartforms but related to SAPscript.

thanks Otto. I will try my query on the other forum

Edited by: WR on Mar 25, 2010 4:27 AM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) you´d better ask the question in ABAP Printing under ABAP Development.

2) you need some CONVERT_2_OTF or something like that

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks. If i post the question there, it will be deleted from this section. There are function modules that we can call to convert. However i guess that would be the case when there is no ADS configured. If we have ADS which is actually a PDF functionality, and also readiing other forum notes which says it is possible (from some other websites). I am posting my question in this forum with confidence that someone will be able to reply me.

It is actually not a printing issue, we want to save it as a PDF, ie save a sapscript/WO as a PDF when clicking the Print icon. As this is available with 3rd party tool converter and i am positive ADS would have that too.

Thanks

WR

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

You're talking about different technologies here.

If you want to have PDF via ADS for your Work Orders, I think you'll need to develop an Adobe Form.

Cheers,

Andres.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres

It is not a question of only Work orders. We have SAPSCRIPT and to save this as PDF, what do we do?

IW32/Work order is an example (in our case), but it can be true for any SAPSCRIPT. How do we use ADS (since it is already installed) to convert this SAPSCRIPT to be saved as PDF?

This happens with another PDF converter (3rd party tool) that we use, so ADS (Which is Adobe Doc Services) should have also have some kind of flag or setting which can work this way. That is what i am trying to figure out.

To add to my above point: we dont want to print it directly as PDF, but to save the document as PDF. When other 3rd party converter can do, i think (my guess), that ADS should also have some feature so we can save the SAPSCRIPT/or Work order to a PDF and then print it later (via any printer).

Thanks

WR

Edited by: WR on Mar 24, 2010 6:59 AM