Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PREPARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're trying to upgarde our BW3.0 system to NW2004

In the PREPARE-PHASE it comes with the following error:

ERROR: UNable to generate addon queue.

ReturnCode = -2 Reason PAckages SAPKIBIF0 : Attribute CREATE_FULLTASK missing.

Check logfile 'SPDA_ADDONQCALC.LOG for details.

I enclosed above logfile:

1 ETN214X."**************************************************"

1 ETN250 Start of phase: "'Add-on Queue Calculation'"

1 ETN252 Start date: "17.06.2006"

1 ETN253 Start time: "10:21:57"

1 ETN214 ."**************************************************"

2 ETN236XCalculation of the installation queue of included add-ons ...

3 ETN247 The calculation is based on the following software component vector:

3 ETN248 Component: "PI_BASIS" rel. "2004_1_640", Support Package level: "0006" (component type "X")

3 ETN248 Component: "SAP_ABA" rel. "640", Support Package level: "0009" (component type "S")

3 ETN248 Component: "SAP_BASIS" rel. "640", Support Package level: "0009" (component type "S")

3 ETN248 Component: "SAP_BW" rel. "350", Support Package level: "0009" (component type "W")

3 ETN248 Component: "BI_CONT" rel. "330", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

3 ETN248 Component: "ST-PI" rel. "2005_1_620", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

3 ETN256 You want to install the following add-on components:

3 ETN248 Component: "BI_CONT" rel. "353", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

3 ETN248 Component: "ST-PI" rel. "2005_1_640", Support Package level: "0" (component type "A")

2 ETN085X"1. Calculate pure CRT Queue" "for installed Add-ons" "and already applied Support Packages" " "

3 ETN112 The OCS Package Queue is empty

2 ETN085X"2. Adding Add-on Installation Queue" " " " " " "

3WETN424 Package "SAPKIBIFD0" : "Attribute" "CREATE_FULLTASK" "missing."

2EETN424 Package "SAPKIBIFD0" : "Attribute" "CREATE_FULLTASK" "missing."

1 ETN214X."**************************************************"

1 ETN251 End of phase: "'Add-on Queue Calculation'"

1 ETN254 End date: "17.06.2006"

1 ETN255 End time: "10:21:57"

1 ETN214 ."**************************************************"

Any suggestions??

Nico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phobos

The Error is due to inclusion of the BI_CONT 353 (SAPKIBIFD0)

Is BI_CONT already in current system and whats the version?

Also check SAP note 774933

Ravinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI_CONT is not in source system, we want to include it into the upgrade to BW353.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phobos:

Hope you are doing well.

My suggestion is, remove the BI_CONTENT from the upgrade itself and install the content after the upgrade through transaction SAINT, this will lower your downtime during upgrade.

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phobos,

You can include BI_CONT 353 in your PREPARE, not have to wait you after you finished your upgrade. You just need choose the option of "Upgrade with SAINT package" during the "Decision about add-on" session of the PREPARE . The same apply ST-PI. These choices should let you bypass the errors you were getting.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Message was edited by: Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Yurun

I tried this but the PREPARE does not bypass the error.

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Federico

When I set reset PREPARE and try again, it stills comes back with the question about adding the SupPacks and Addons in the upgarde. Till now, I was unable to remove them from the upgarde.

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In IS_SELECT phase you have selected the addons BI_CONT & CT-PI , hence in Phase ADDON_QCALC it gives this error.

The Addons which you want to have in final relesae should be checked if they can be installed after upgrade or its absolutely necessary to include in the upgrade itself

Suggestion is to reset the PREPARE and do not select BI_CONT & ST-PI addons in IS_SELECT phase

Regards

Ravinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seen the reply I gave Federico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phobos:

After you reset the PREPARE phase, again the system will prompt you to include additional Support Pack or Add-ons during the upgrade; but there you can choose whether or not to include BI_CONTENT... just do not select the BI addon.

Regards,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Project is temporarily postponed due to too small time-frame, I'll get back on this.

Nico

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashb
Participant
0 Kudos

I am doing upgrade SCM 4.1 with BI Content 353-06 to SCM5.1 SR1 with BI Content 702. when i include BI Content 703 in phase IS_SELECT of PREPARE - using option "UPG SAINT", i am also getting similar error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings. I am upgrading from BW 3.1 to NW04s. I was able today to download the ST-PI 2005_1_700 delta upgrade and supplemental upgrade (KITLQIA.CAR and KITLQIG.CAR) as well as the BI_CONT 703 add-on (KIBIIIC.CAR) file and proceed past the Vendor Key hangup.

However,I did not get very far. It now is saying this:

ERROR: Unable to generate addon queue. Return Code = -2, Reason = "Package SAPKIBIIIC: Attribute CREATE_FULLTASK missing." Check log file SPDA_ADDONQCALC.LOG for details. The log pretty much says the same thing:

Package "SAPKIBIIIC" : "Attribute" "CREATE_FULLTASK" "missing."

Any ideas?

Message was edited by:

Russell Johnson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is SAP's answer to this via OSS message:

The error: Attribute CREATE_FULLTASK missing refers to the BI-CONT

package during BW upgrade. Currently you're using SAPKIBIIIC, however

it is for delta-upgrade. You need to use the upgrade package SAPKIBIIUH,and may get the upgrade package as per attached SAP Note 916834 in the section BW upgrade.

(This fixed the problem. For those who encounter similar issues, I would make sure you have the upgrade package and not the delta upgrade.)