cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon to SDN :-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

do you plan to support also SAP Passport for logging into SDN? Or something else?

(Always entering user/password is so annoying...)

Regards

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

When signing on you can tick off that you will be automatically logged in on this computer.

I haven't entered my user and number in a long while.

Let me know if that is not enough, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

O.K. Mark,

I found that checkbox and maybe I'll also mark it if you can also answer me the following question:

How does this work? Where is the password stored? Cookie? Is it safe to use this function?

cu

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've started to use this it doesn't seam to remember me for very long! Sometimes I have to re-enter my id and password the next time I log on sometimes it is a number of days later.

What settings etc should I be changing or checking to correct this?

ssimsekler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

Maybe it is because you delete your cookie files, if they use cookies for remembering the user.

*--Serdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a problem with other sites, e.g.. SAPfans, SearchSAP.TechTarget. So any ideas why it is just here?

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

I can't say why the other sites don't have the same problem. The remember me function does use a cookie to "remember" you. If you delete your cookies in between sessions it will "forget" you

We are looking in to using some for of digital certificates in the near future.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

When I 'log off' of SDN the cookie is deleted, and I am presented with the home page.

Any ideas as to why the cookie gets deleted?

Matthew

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that is the way it was designed to work. My own vote was that this is not implicit behaviour, but I was outvoted. The feature only works if you just use the X to close the browser. If you log off, it will not work.

Dave