cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to Non-ABAP-System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to send an IDOC to a Non ABAP system. The receiving system consists of an "IDOC Listener" which receives and sends. The RFC Destination for the connection between the PI and that system is type T (TCP/IP). When checking it in SM59 or IDX1 on the PI, everything looks fine - connection works. Still when I try to send a message, the adapter call fails with the message "RFC Destination incorrect". Is it necessary to have a type 3 (ABAP system) connection for the IDOC adapter and if yes, is there any way to bypass this? The scenario works fine if I communicate between a standard R/3 4.7 and the 3rd party system (even with the type T destination) - nevertheless PI is intended to be used in between for monitoring etc. - therefore the direct R/3 <-> 3rd Party scenario is no option for me. Any clues highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it necessary to have a type 3 (ABAP system) connection for the IDOC adapter and if yes, is there any way to bypass this?

I did a scenario like this (and the other way round) a year ago and as far as I remember I didn't use RFC dest type 3 .

there is an easy way to find it out - just use IDOC classes from service.sap.com/connectors

(server) in order to check what kind of RFC does it expect - I tested those libraries and they worked with PI

without any issues (and with corresponding RFC dest)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

There should be a document for How to Connect non-SAP RFC-Programs with SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure and I dont find it anymore in SDN.

I send you the document. Please take a look and troubleshoot.

Regards,

---Satish