cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appears to be orphaned entries in MAPL

obadiah_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have table entries in table MAPL for Group 1 and Group Counter 1, however I do not have a Task List header in PLKO with a Group 1 and Group Counter 1. Are these MAPL entries just orphaned entries, or do they relate to some other table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Itu2019s interesting! Basically it should happen in reverse way. Let me explain this.

MAPL Assignment of Task Lists to Materials

PLKO Task list u2013 header

Letu2019s consider a case where user has created task list but did not assign any material to it. You find the group of this task list in PLKO table but there would be no entries for the same group in MAPL table as no material has yet been assigned.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

obadiah_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am not sure how this task list was created, the MAPL entries in question were created in 1996. I wrote a utility to set the deletion flag on them so that they would not show up on our reports.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have faced same kind of issue. Client was trying to create Inspection Plan with external number assignment. He used QP01 transaction to create Inspection Plan. He entered Material, Plant and Group. Then selected the usage and status and went to operations screen to define operation details. Then cliked on Inspection Charactersitics button to enter the MIC. In this it is MIC. Surprisingly, some characteristics already selected. Then he tried to save it. The transaction got terminated and issued message saying duplicated record exist. Material assignment was not done so no data apperaed MAPL but Orphaned entries exist in PLMK table.

I was just wondering how could without saving Inspection Plan system is issuing Duplicate record. Then i debugged the program and found PLFL table there is an entry.

I thought at least i could enter remaining details in the change mode of IP. Used QP02 transcation to enter the details. But Group is available.

Different tables i have checked and found enteries in PLPO, PLMK, PLAS, PFLF, and PLKZ, and last but not least PLZU.

Found enteries in all these tables. In PLMK, the characteristics are dispalyed, in rest of the tables only grop and group counter details exist.

I have tried to delete the Group and create a new one. Even that was also failed saying Group does not exist.

Has anyone come across this situation, If so, please share your experience how you had resolved this issue.

User had not created any Inspection Plan with this Group number. How come entries have come in the PLFL and in other tables

Is there any way we can resolve this issue

obadiah_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes that is how I understood the process. With further investigation I found references to this Group Counter 1 in the following tables:

PLPO

PLFL

PLAS

MAPL

Is there some sort of cleanup program that may address this?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible for you to explain step by step how you created this task list? For example first step QP01, then put material and plant likewise. Have you assigned any materials to it?

If you want to delete this group from all the table try using transaction code QSR6 .

Best Regards,

Anand Rao