cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete/archive entries from SOFFCONT1 table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Our SOFFCONT1 table is getting very big approx 53 GB. I have already checked SAP Note 966854 - Reorganization - New report.

The report RSBCS_REORG deleted only 10% of data.

Is there any other way to reduce the space being used by this table like archiving etc. ?

We are on ECC 6.0, Basis 700 SP15.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

TSB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Very informative regarding SOFFCONT1, thanks. So, based on this if I had many "attachments" created via the "create attachment" feature directed to SOFFDB, I would need to "MOVE" those attachments via SAP's RSIRPIRL program, then

run RSSO_DELETE_PRIVATE for the user inboxes and then RSSODFRE for the "dark" folder....then run RSBCS_REORG, correct? Our attachments were out of control, now we've stopped the bleeding, but we have to keep attachments linked

to business documents, and get rid of everything else up to 90 days.

Any other input would be appreciated!

thanks

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi TSB,

Some background to the issue that you are experiencing:-

The records in table SOFFCONT1 (where attachment data is stored) will be deleted when you have deleted the reference to these attachments and run the port RSBCS_REORG. So to speak, the normal clean-up report, where all information in SAPoffice tables will be reorganized, will also delete the records from table SOFFCONT1.

So, if the attachments in SOFFCONT1 still remains after execution of report RSBCS_REORG (please execute twice and run with DB change) there is only one explanation:

A reference to this attachment still exists !!!

So, before an attachment is deleted you have to delete the main document, where the attachment is connected to, from every recipients inbox, also, the document have to be deleted from the outbox folder of the sender and all trash folders. When using the report RSSODLIN the document is not placed into the trash, but if a user has deleted the document by hand, it has been placed into the trash by default.

In addition, if the document has been send by a batch or system user maybe a reference has been placed in the dark folder and this reference prevents the attachment from being deleted.

So this is the reason why report RSBCS_REORG only reduces table SOFFCONT1 by 10%.

So the "real" solution to your problem would be to refer to SAP Note "904711 - SAPoffice: Where are documents physically stored?" -> "The document is stored using the knowledge provider".

In TA OAC0, there is a Content Repository, SOFFDB, which is Database storage for SAPOffice documents. Since it is not recommended to change the customizing of shipped repositories, because documents stored in that repository before will be unaccessable after your change.

Therefore you may consider to create a new category (TA OACT) along with a new Repository (TA OAC0). In TA SKPR08 you can register the new category to be used by class SOFFPHIO.

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I appreciate it.

I created a new content repository ZSOFFDB_NEW (OAC0) with Contents Table SOFFCONT1 and also a new Category ZSOFFDB (OACT).

Now I have two Content repositories which point to the same contents Table SOFFCONT1.

How do I delete the contents of original repository SOFFDB ? Use Delete button in OAC0 ? Would it delete just the contents or whole repository ?

Thanks again for your valuable reply.

TSB