cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My multi-view component does not trigger WDDOMODIFY

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a webdynpro for abap component which displays three areas of information.

The top part of the screen is a static display of a structure.

The middle is a structure that displays a key field and its values.

The bottom is an alv grid.

It was implemented using techniques described in the tutorial u201CProgramming the ALV Configuration Model in Web Dynpro for ABAPu201D and u201CEditing ALV in Web Dynpro for ABAPu201D by Claudia Danger.

I have four views and a window. For simplicity, lets call them TOP_VIEW , MIDDLE_VIEW , AND RESULT_VIEW (the ALV). These are all placed through ViewContainers onto the LAYOUT_VIEW.

My main window kicks off the LAYOUT_VIEW and calls appropriate methods to populate all three sections. I allow the users to add rows to the ALV grid and I have made the key field editable so that a user may enter a key value in the new row. I then, through the WDDOMODIFY of the RESULT_VIEW, populate the new row with the additional values.

We are good up to here. If the user enters any info, or pushes enter, the RESULT_VIEWu2019s standard methods seem to kick in and I do what I need them to do.

Now for the issue.

I want the user to be able to update the key field in the middle section as well, and have the rest of the middle structure update. I coded the record update in the WDDOMODIFY of the MIDDLE_VIEW, but it does not seem to trigger (I canu2019t hit a break point). How do I make this code recognize that something has happened..

Interestingly, if I hit the enter key in the RESULT_VIEW, the WDDOMODIFY of the MIDDLE_VIEW will update.

I hope this makes sense u2013 Iu2019m sure itu2019s something simple that I donu2019t yet understand.

Thanksu2026

u2026Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check WDDOBEFOREACTION and WDDOAFTERACTION methods of middle view...if they are getting hit....if not then the solution would be to create an event at the component level (the main component) and rasie that event while you update the alv records after user inputs key values....the subscriber to this event would be your middle view....inside that middle view you can create an event handler method which subscribe to this event(main component event)....

thanks..

AS...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not have anything set for the 'onEnter' of the input field. I added the action DUMMY (and corresponding method onActionDummy() and that seemed to kick off the hook methods.