Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow same cost on 2 WBS elements simultaneously

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following requirement:

One creates a project, with corresponding WBS elements and assigns it a budget. Furthermore, one discovers that there are to be cost from other projects, that have to reduce both the budget of those projects and of the newly created project. My question is, can we see the same cost on 2 different WBS elements? It is a similar situation to the use of internal orders, but there one can put the WBS element as a reference...

Example. Newly created project PR01 with WBS elements PR01.1, PR01.2 and PR01.3.

PR01.3 is required to receive its costs from PO's that are assigned to some other WBS elements , say R01.1, T01.1 a.s.o.

On the example of the IO: when one assigns costs to an IO that has in its master data a reference to a WBS element, both the budget of the IO and the budget of the project is reduced

Can I handle this situation from standard? Do you have any other ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to post cost on one WBSE and have cost on other WBSE also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers,

I kind of knew that. It seems that I can not handle the situation from standard, not as it is now (with all projects created, with client's will of not changing the structures...) I have already made a specification for an ABAP development, will have a custom z table with a custom zWBSE, functionality will be similar to any object that cumulates costs and then passes them further to reference (ex. one specifies in asset's master data a WBS element and the costs of acquisition are immediately passed to WBS, one posts costs on Order and those costs are shown in PS reports a.s.o.)

Anyway, in other conditions (and for any of those who will be in similar situation): use subprojects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you eloborate more on your question?

If you are trying to use 2 different WBS as account assignment on the different POs, there should not be any problem. However if you are trying to create one PO and assign two WBS, it is not possible.

As far as Internal Order goes, it is possible to maintain 2 different account assignments such as Internal Order/WBS. CCtr/WBS etc. If you maintain account assignment as "K" the main posting will happen to Cctr and the WBS will have statistical postings.

Hope this helps.

Sarang