Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCPE.EXE not running after kernel upgrade on NW 7.01 SR1

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a freshly installed NW 7.01 SR1, which was running perfectly until I tried to update the kernel. Once a install the new kernel, sapcpe.exe is showing in red in the MMC console and cannot be executed.

According to note 684106, I updated the vcredist_x64 found in the NTPATCH folder on the Installation Master CD. According to note 684106 I also need to update the DBGHELP.DLL file in the \Windows\System32 and and \Windows\syswow64 folder.

The problem is "Windows File Protection" is not allowing me to update this file in the \Windows\syswow64 folder. As soon as I replace the file, it gets overwriten by the Windows original DBGHELP.DLL file which is an older version.

I'm running this on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 64bit

Anyone out there found how to work around this issue?

I'm running out of ideas...

Need help.

Edited by: Stephane Lamarche on Mar 23, 2010 10:47 AM

Edited by: Stephane Lamarche on Mar 23, 2010 10:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

"SAP Note 1375494 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel patch" solved my issue.

Please follow that.

Regards,

Digesh Joshi

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You just applied note#1375494 and did not update the DBGHELP.DLL file?

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it worked.

Note 1375494 tells you to go download the lastest vcredist_x64.exe from Microsoft instead of using the one under the Installation Master cd (nt patch folder) other than that the note is similar to note 684106, but without having to replace the dbghelp.dll file.

I'm not exactly sure why SAP still tells us to apply note 684106. It doesn't seem valide anymore. 1375494 should be replacing it.

Thanks for you help dlgeshjoshi.

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephan,

it worked for me.

@others : shut down sap system. close the sapmmc window and then follow the note 1375494.

0 Kudos

I know this is an older thread, however I just experienced the same issue with sapcpe.exe failing to execute after upgrading from NWCE7.1 SP01 ro SP05 on Windoes 2008 R2.

The problem is rooted in missing Visual C++ modules.

The current Microsoft KB to fix the issue is: KB2538242.

Answers (0)