cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving user popup based on 100 days in Enterprise Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an unique requirement.

The portal should be redirected to a Pop-up where the user needs to update his

information after each 100 days in ECC.

My concept is:

1> Modify the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par as mylogin.par.

2> Once the user logs on to the Portal using umLogonPage.jsp,

the user data gets modified in a ZTable in ECC.

3> Now, whenever I am importing the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak

which had been renamed as mylogin.par.

It is getting imported but the JSP files are only visible.

The Java Beans are not visible.

How to get the Java Beans file ?

The par file is in 347 kb in size.

Also, there is a process of downloading the file from EP http://<server>:<port>/irj

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

Once you importing mylogin.par in NWDS, you need to put libraries .JAR files in lib folder in your NWDS project. you need to put manually. Please extract your mylogin.par file, you will find .jar files inside it. then put in NWDS project >> lib folder.

>The Java Beans are not visible.How to get the Java Beans file ?

Java been are in the form of class file in JAR file which is place in the lib folder.

if you want to modify class files, then you need to use "Decompiler" for modifaction

Please check below blogs for modifing Logon Par.

[Modifying The Logon Par|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4716] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Look and Feel |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/LookandFeel]

[Portal Customizations Intro - Login Part|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3680] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

>The par file is in 347 kb in size. Also, there is a process of downloading the file from EP http://<server>:<port>/irj

That is Ok, If you think there is some problem with exporting par file, you can copy com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak from under usrsap<SID><Instance>j2eeclusterserver<#>appssap.comirjservlet_jspirj ootWEB-INFdeploymentpcd , then do the modification in NWDS.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I did all the steps written by you.

I did it once before but forgot the steps.

Now, I want to know the most important files.

How to modify the Java Beans ?

Is it possible to modify them ?

Using Decomplier to modify Java Classes is not the proper way.

Also, I can't be able to deploy those files if the SAP does not provide the source files.

I need the .java files.

The customization which I need is more than look and feel customization and need the .java files.

I am pasting my requirement.

When the vendor logs in to the portal a check must be made to see when the user information was last submitted via the portal. If it has been 100 days or more since the last change a notifications is to be displayed to let the user now that he has review the information and and make changes if necessary. The User must not be allowed to do any changes or access any programs in the portal until he has confirmed that the information is up to date or submitted changes.

On the bottom of the screen where user changes the vendor information a check box is to be added with text description u2018I confirm that the information is correctu2019.

When the user ticks in that box and presses submit the BP information in SRM is updated (TCode BP). The vendor information (main table LFA1) in ECC must also be updated.

To block the user from accessing other functions in the portal, he should be redirected to a JSP/Servlet where he has to confirm his information.

In no way he can go back to the portal by clicking back button or some other means.

He must verify his information and then be redirected to portal.

This may be achieved by modifying the logon.par and pointing the authschemes.xml to the servlet. This servlet should only update the data to ECC. The user should be redirected to the servlet based on 100 days logic.

So, according to my understanding, there should be two servlets, first the user logins to the portal using UMElogin.jsp and then redirected to a servlet where the date calculation is done based on the ECC date data. If it is more than 100 days, then he might be redirected to the verification servlet or he should be redirected to portal.

On clicking the submit button after checking the agreement checkbox; the model would be called which then calls the RFC in ECC to update the data including the date.

The portal roles should be maintained in properties files, only those fellows who have that role should be redirected.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Edited by: Kaushik Banerjee on Mar 23, 2010 9:37 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I think you can modify using the decompiler for test porpose as you are using renamed par for logon but this is not a best practice for modifying class files.

Regards

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody please suggest me how to get the Java Beans for the logon.par in NWDS ?

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee