cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type search - 2nd storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the storage type search sequence there are multiple storage types which can be entered in fields 1st st type, 2nd st type, 3rd st type etc.

My question is under what circumstance does the system select 2nd st type.

I have a scenario where the 1st st type is active, all the configs are in place, there are empty st bins availble in 1st st type, but system bypases this and selects 2nd st type. I am observing this only for a particular material.

What could be the reason?

Note - All the config settings are in place, and material master also updated with the correct st type indicator.

Regards

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional info- When I do the 101 in MIGO I get the foll warning message. Not sure if this is related to the above issue.

"For batch xxx of material yyy the class could not be determined."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating the TO in foreground manually. You will be able to see the storage bin search log, and that will tell you why the first storage type got skipped. You have not mentioned which movement type you are using, but if you are doing a normal GR against PO (inbound), then you can try creating the TO manually using LT06 (against the material document).

For the batch class warning, you can ignore it.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason i can think of is: The material is set up for a particular storage unit type (WM2 view), and in the first storage type, there is no storage bin of a suitable storage bin type (as per the configuration of assignment of storage unit type and storage bin type).

Hence it searchs for bins in the second storage type.

Another possibility is that capacity check is active, and the material to be putaway has a larger quantity / weight than the capcity permits.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arup for your quick and specific reply.

St unit type is permissible for this st. type. There is no problem here.

Capacity has not exceeded. There is no issue here as well.

Issue lies somewhere else.

Regards

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

You see that error in MIGO with that specific item?

Check for putaway strategy may find clasification error (or no entry) and send pallet to non-configured storage type

check material master data and correct clasifications, make sure no stock placement strategy exists in WM1 tab

I hope that helps