cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui 710 SP 5 login gives "fewfront.dll cannot be started"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I work in a technical support and we just started to support SAP. We only do installations and nothing in the actual interface.

I have a very tricky case here and I dont really know who do ask so I came here. Hopefully somebody could help me because I really dont like the idea to reinstall Windows.

Windows XP SP 2 and we are trying to install SAP Gui 710 SP 5. During the installation It gives "Error: Unexpected error; quitting" It gives it twice and only thing you can press is OK. Installation continues and no more error messages come.

I try to login but it gives "Cannot initialize context management library" with OK-button, after that comes "fewfront.dll cannot be started (rc=183): Cannot create a file when the file already exists" After that it just comes to the logon-page.

Please see attached picture [Picture|http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7706/dejansubotic.jpg]

I reinstalled SAP several times, with my administratoin account and with user account. It also gives the same error message to whatever windows-account I am using.

For testing I installed SAP Gui 710 SP 14 but it gives exactly the same. I uninstalled everything, run some registry cleaning, boot and new installation. This same package and method of installation has worked for hundres of other users but not for this case.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, how you uninstall the SAPGUI ? Try as i'm post in this thread -->

REgards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did like you told me but no help. Uninstalled SAP from Add/remove, deleted C:\program files\SAP - folder,

there was no SAP -folder in the Common-folder. I deleted the registry entires. I ran a registry cleaner and booted the machine.During and after the installation I got same error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to execute NwCheckWorkstation.exe and check the errors , check in the link.

Regards.