cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation Planning and ATP Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

we have 3 plants that is Plant1 , Plant2 and Plant3.

Currently we are using ATP methods (Availablity check and Product Allocation check) in ECC for above mentioned plants.

In Material Master Product allocation procedure(ZPA) are assigned to all materials numbers.We are using Availability checking group 02 in mrp3 view.For product allocation planning in ECC we are using S999 Structure.

In MC94 Transaction product allocations are updated by the users.Based on these and ATP Quantity sales order gets confirmed.

As per our requirment, managment proposed to implement APO GATP Product Allocation Planning and ATP check in APO for Plant1 intiall later on rollout for plant B and Plant C.But in ECC in Material Master basic data1 Tab Allocation Procedure ZA maintained for all materials. ( product allocation setting is client specific).

we are using ATP methods (Availablity check and Product Allocation check) in ECC for above mentioned plants.

Is it possible to implement apo gatp for only plant1.?

Say example: If we implement GATP Product Allocation and ATP Check for the plant 1, then i need to use same allocation procedure ZPA only because if i change then product allocation planning gets effected to plant 2 and plant3.

So in this regard my doubt whether system will perform check in ECC and APO and inconsistencies are devolped.

If no then where to deactivate Plant 1 from the ECC.So that it can perform Product allocation and availability check in APO without any inconsistency.

I am not sure about this.How to deactivate product allocation and ATP check in ECC for only plant A.

Is it possible?

Please give valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if VA02 is change in an order, what is for ATP ?

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In APO , if you want to use Plant A only then use Plant A only in the rules or do not make check instructions Rules based.

By this method you will be doing av check at one Plant only.

In product allocation also , in the CVC use only Plant A.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

First of all thanks for your message.

In APO , if you want to use Plant A only then use Plant A only in the rules or do not make check instructions Rules based.

By this method you will be doing av check at one Plant only.

In product allocation also , in the CVC use only Plant A.

Where to maintain rules only for Plant A?

Actually in the current process ATP and Product Allocation is done in ECC level.

So in APO we want to implement Initially for Plant A then other Plants later on.

To perform Product Allocation in APO, we need to have Product Allocation Procedures which should be assigned in Basic Data 1 of material master.

This product allocation procedure is stored in client level is shared with different plants .

Ex: MAT1 with PLANTA prod Allocation procedure ZAP

MAT1 with PLANTB prod Allocation procedure ZAP

MAT1 with PLANTC prod Allocation procedure ZAP

Based on the above example I cannot go for new product Allocation Procedure for Materials with PlantA, Wherein I need to use same allocation procedure even MATERIALS with plant A, Plant B and Plant C .

The same allocation Procedure ZAP is used in Information Structue in ECC and Product Allocation Object in APO.I am woried about the conflict with the Allocation Procedure.

How to manage this?

Thanks

Edited by: kck.0623 on Mar 29, 2010 10:33 AM

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In the check instructions T code /SAPAPO/ATPC07 - Maintain Check Instructions

you can configure whether you want Rules based ATP check or not.

In the T code /SAPAPO/RBA04 - Master Data -> Rule Maintenance -> Integrated Rule Maintenance you can define the rules . In location substitution procedure if you have specified one Plant then ATP check will happen at only one Plant.

Rules based ATP is configured using condition technique. Please find below SAP help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/46/1f0eec43f65874e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/46/1f0eec43f65874e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

In allocation you can define characteristics and the Plant can be one of the characteristic.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/48/892940989f4073e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

There will not be any conflict , if you use only Plant A for allocation

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Edited by: Pavan Verma on Mar 29, 2010 5:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Thanks for your reply.

I configured the above process in the Sand box system as per your sugesstions:

Transfered all ATP settings to APO and created check instructions by Prod Allocations as the first check and second step for product check.

Created Prod Allocation Group and connected to the planning area.

Created Product allocation object and created Product allocation procedure,step sequence and vailidity period till 2025 and flagged the prod all active.

Prod Allocation Object Name: ZPRODOBJ

Prod Allocation Procedure : ZPA_01(The same prod allocation procedure for all materials with PLANT A ,Plant B and Plant C)

(As of now in APO we are going to Iplement for only Plant A.)

Already ATP and Prod All is active in the ECC using Information Structure S999.So i have deleted Characteristics for the Plant A from information Structure.

Created Integration Model is active for ATP Check for the materials with plant A.

In DP , maintained the combinations for Prod All Object , Plant , Material and Sales Org.

Input some values for the material & Product Allocation combinations in Interactice Demand Planning.

Performed Simulation Check for ATP...result is ok.

Performed Simulation Check for Prod All...Result is not as expected.

In siulation check it is showing year 2036 only.

In prod allocation procedure the validity period is 2025.

When i try to create sales orders in R/3 the quantity is getting confired in the 05.01.2026.

After the above test:

I created the zmaterial in ECC and assigned new Prod Allocation Procedure in Material Master basic data 1.

Follewed all the steps in APO also.

But it is working fine with aterail ZMATERIAL.This material i have created only for the PLant A.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

KCK

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Planning book, have you given allocation for current month or current week.

Try giving some allocation to your CVC for April 2010, follow the necessary steps such as T code /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_R - Copy Data from Planning Area : transfer the data from the planning area into the product allocation group

and check the results.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma