cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service consumed by .net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would like to know which steps i have to follow to create a web service to be consumed by .net.

I have implemented a FM called ZGIVEDATA which returns the sy.datum.

Later i have created the web service of the FM and also the client proxy and logical port.

If i want to consume the service, should the proxy be provider?

Thanks!!

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

If you want to consume the proxy in .NET then you need to generate the FM as a provider proxy.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i have to choose the clt proxy or server proxy when i create the proxy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choose the server proxy Jon.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor,

Now i have the next doubt.

I have two options in the next screen, ESR service interface and Existing abap objects?

Which option do i have to follow?

Best regards

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

In your case, because the FM is an existing Abap object then select that option. You would select the ESR option if you were using PI or CE environment to model your webservice.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Trevor,

I'm not using PI and if i select the ESR option and i try to find the service i have created it does not appear.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Best regards

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trevor,

If i select the existing abap opject option it appears the window of creation of a new WS. I dont know if i create again a new web service will be created with a provider proxy.

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

You'll have to create a new webservice. In your initial post you mentioned that you created a client/consumer (both mean the same) proxy of the FM. Now you're creating a new webservice for the server/provider (both mean the same) proxy...

It's like this:

- A FM can be a webservice consumer or a provider or both at the same time.

- You want the consume the FM webservice from .NET so .NET is the consumer in this case.

- That would mean that the FM is now the webservice provider.

- So, you shouldn't have created a consumer in your first step. You should have created a provider/server. You can now delete the consumer/client one if you need.

- Now you're creating the server/provider one so it will be a new webservice.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK so when i create the proxy and asks me for a web service the provider webservice is created.

Thanks a lot trevor i will check it out and see if it works!!

Thanks

Answers (0)