cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP for Sender JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to run a stored procedure once in a day.I have the following questions while using ATP for this.

>> If i use ATP to achieve this,how to make sure that the stored procedure will be executed only once.

>>Do we need to maintain ATP manually on each system or it will be transported with the Comm channel?

>> what happens to ATP settings when the PI system restarts?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Monish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monish,

Choose the Daily option in the ATP - Select Duration as 1 Hour. In your communication channel set the Polling Interval as 60 Minutes. Doing so , you can avoid the Stored Procedure to run twice.

I believe the settings will not be removed by restarting the server.

It's not transportable. You have to maintain the settings on each system.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monish,

I would suggest to include a check inside your stored procedure. Create a table containing procedure_id and process_timestamp fields. Once your procedure gets called from XI, check wether an entry with process_timestamp for the current day exist. If so, don't execute procedure. If not insert new process_timestamp along with procedure_id.

Thus you can guarantee that the stored proc is executed only once a day. I think it's not really possible to guarantee that behaviour using PI methods only (regarding restart of PI for example).

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monish,

For this you have to schedule the adapter.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

ATPs are not transportable so you have to maintain the settings at each system.

Regards

Ramesh