cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

We're deleting an instance in our iseries system.

We're using DLTR3INST command but we get the error "could not retrieve configuration from system xxx"

We have detect that in our kernel library we have the command RTVSAPINST but in documentation the named command is RTVR3INST.

What can be the cause of this issue?

Best regards.

Rubé

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, then do a CRTR3SYS before... I'd save all the instance profiles just to be sure beforehand. But CRTR3SYS shouldn't touch them if they are already there.

If this doesn't help as well you need to post a joblog or open a ticket with SAP.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

Thank you so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If I use the CRTR3INST command, I get the same error ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubén,

in 6.40 there are some instance profiles required in directory /usr/sap/trans/config. Maybe they are missing. A good workaround for such cases is to do a CRTR3INST with the correct instance number before doing the DLTR3INST operation. CRTR3INST will take care that all information sources like such profiles will be set up correctly.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we want to delete a 640 instance so we are using 640 kernel. We have updated DLTR3INST but still the same error.

Thank you in advanced

Rubé

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubén,

What Kernel Release are you using? Can you paste more of the joblog before the error occured?

Thanks

Christoph