cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision Type 4 for BUS2201 not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why decision type 4 for BUS2201 is not allowed? We would like to use same logic for our PO's as with our SC's.

Our SC's are being approved using decision type 4 with the area of responsiblity being the cost center, so the cost center responsible will approve a subset of the items in the SC.

With Decision type 4 not being allowed for BUS2201, we simply can not use the same logic.

So, do any of you guys know why this decision type can not be used for BUS2201?

Regards

Olsey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Decision Type 4 is only supported for BUS2121 Shopping Cart object. Other objects are not supported in SRM 7.0 because of UI side is not implemented for handling Decision Type 4. I think you need to submit a development request for future development.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes, the CC responsible will approve the initial SC if required according to spending limit.

However, CC responsible should also approve the changes to a PO according to spending limit.

He won't approve the same item line twice, he will only approve PO item lines if they have changed (PO Change version).

regards

Olsey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per Thue Olsen,

I am assuming you are in Extended Classic Scenario and would like to implement the PO change work flow with BRF. We have implemented SRM 6.0 PO change work flow and it is true that type 4 is not supported for BUS2201.

Quick questions: Who are the users changing the PO?

If your design is allow only Purchasers to change the PO's then, you may develop the following concept.

01) implement version management.

02) During WF, read the changed document and read changes for lines.

03) determine the number of cost center approvers upfront.

04) Depending upon number of cost center approvers, dynamically create process levels (there is a badi given by SAP to determine the run time process levels in the process schema).

05) then, use the other methods in the derive agent badi and force the cost center managers as approvers.

06) Probably you may need to use decision type 2 here.

The only trade off here would be parallel approvals for the PO change cannot happen instead the approvals would be sequential. But, even the parallel approvals with decision type 4 will have to wait for the transmission of the PO to the supplier till the all the decision sets are executed by approvers. The cycle time of the approvals may not change with the decision type 4 or 2, but each approval would be valid for the entire document.

Another way to avoid this situation is use the Group SC badi to enhance the SC Split rules to include CC also as one of the criterion. The trade off here would be multiple PO's would be generated to the same supplier just because of different cost center. This case, as the PO is split per CC manager, you need not implement the decision type 4 instead you can go with decision type 1 which is supported by SAP for BUS2201.

Thanks,

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am fully aware that we can have Decision Type 4 for BUS2121, as that is our current design. Our decision sets are then created based on the Cost center assignment on the SC item line. This is fine and it works.

However, I would like to find a similar solution for BUS2201 since decision type 4 is not supported for PO's.

Having simple approval workflow for PO is an option, but it does not reflect the business logic of having the cost center's responsible person approve the item lines.

Does anyone have experience with adding ad-hoc approvers based on system rules? Could a solution be to add ad-hoc approvers, based on the different cost centers used in the subsequent item lines?

Best regards

Olsey

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

So the CC owner should approve same items twice? (1st for SC and 2nd for PO) Is it your business requirement?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using scenario A: SC --> PO

How con we make a workaround for this?

regards

Olsey

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

For scenario A: SC --> PO, you can have type 4 approval for SC and no approval or simple approval for PO as workaround.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, we have established that SAP have not developed the functionality to support decision sets for BUS2201.

But still i would like to know if i'm am the only one missing this functionality. For me, it seems that this is an oversight. correct me if i'm wrong.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on business scenario. Can you explain your process?

Case A. SC -> PO

Case B. SC -> RFx -> PO

Case C. PO

I know a customer who needs this type 4 for scenario B. For case A and C, we can have some workaround.

Regards,

Masa