cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing Appl. Server, there are no EWA Data in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my satelite system send the ewa to the solution manager. After installing a second appl. server for the satelite system, there are no data show in the ewa on the solution manager.

In the logfile from the sdccn on the satelite system, you could see that the data was send.

--

Transfer of session data completed to destination...

--

On the satelite system i can see, that the ewa contain some data. But in the solution manager the ewa is empty...

Any suggestions ??

Regards

Ronald

Edited by: Ronald Negendank on Mar 23, 2010 11:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

The log entries look very good and it seems that the download transfer was successful. However, you can have a look in the target system (SAP Solution Manager) on table BDLDTOC with your ID and client as mentioned in you last reply.

The EWA's are executed by the job 'SM: EXEC SERVICES'. You can also check that with SM37. Perhaps there is a problem.

Best regards,

Veit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veit,

there are many entries in table BDLDTOC with my ID. The job 'SM: EXEC SERVICES' crashes with runtime error CONVT_NO_NUMBER, but in another solution. I run the programm manually with my solution and it has no errors. But the EWA in Solman ist still empty. Any suggestions??

Regards

Ronald

0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

Ok, if an EWA was not executed you see a red flag in the EarlyWatch Alert list in DSWP. You can look into the tooltip for that EWA and there you will find the session number. Now you can call transaction DSA where you can enter the session number. In that tool you have a button in the menu to display the download (transport icon). You can also try to execute the EWA and probably it works.

I guess that on your system a problem occur in the EWA processing and if the EWA dumps the other EWA's cannot be processed for that solution, because the job SM:EXEC Services tries to execute the wrong EWA with perhaps corrupted download.

Best regards,

Veit.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

What do you mean the report is empty?

Is there an icon for the report? What is the icon?

Is it a red flag? Is it grey diamond? Is it green, yellow or red rated, but has two blank pages?

If it is a red flag, this usually indicates the task on SolutionManager has run correctly, however the saession date is over due and the Satellite has not sent the session data. Yiou would want to look at the SDCCN task logs on the satelltie for errors that might cause the session data not to be sent. There could be an issue witht he RFC. Perhaps a dialog user, rather than a communication user was used, and the password has expired.

A grey diamond means that certain important information was not available, so the report cannot be generated properly.

SAP Note 762692 can be helpful here.

If the report is green, yellow or red rated, but blank, likely its a problem with Word trust center settings for Macros and VB.

Hopefully this information has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helle experts,

i have the same problem. The log in the satellite says that is all okay:

transfer for server startet

transferring 000044 functions, 0001927218 bytes.....

transfer completed

transfer of session data completed to destination sm_<name>_back

But in dswp in my solution manager i see on the left side a icon looks like a "notice on a paper with glasses". Not a red flag, not a yellow exclamation mark and not a gray diamond.

I open the report and i get two empty pages: i see only the SAP-Flyer (Headline), the Date, Session-Number and Installation-Number in the footer. Thats all.

When i call the transaction "dssess", is see exactly by this session-number a icon (looks like two test-tubes) "Download Transfered" with attachment (this two empty pages).

The SM:EXEC SERVICES runs without errors.

I hope, you have a solve for my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go in word to macro > security and activate the access to the vb projects..

do you have a vb-error scrren by opening the EWA over the doc icon with winword?

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronald, Could you please check 2 things and come back.

1. Perf_monitor job running successfully in your satellite system.

2. Perform Service definitions refresh.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

--

1. Perf_monitor job running successfully in your satellite system.

2. Perform Service definitions refresh.

--

1. Yes, the job runs successfull

2. yes

--

on the satelite system , in sdccn i can see the collected data. But in solution manager the EWA are empty.

Regard

Ronald

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Ronald, If data is getting collected successfully in Satellite SDCCN then the next thing we can do is de-schedule the task processor and again schedule it after that proceed and add maintenance package in sessions. Monitor the task log whether it is getting completed successfully. if not paste the error log to have further analysis.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

sorry for late. I delete the service definiton on both side (solman and satelite system). I rescheduled the tasks and the data was send successfully.

This is a part of the LOG from send the session data

--

25.03.2010 16:42:09 Transfer of session data completed to destination XXXXX

25.03.2010 16:42:09 > transfer completed

25.03.2010 16:42:09 > transfer for server XXXX completed

25.03.2010 16:42:09 > transferring 000031 functions, 0000144878 bytes, RFC block size = 0000320000 for server

25.03.2010 16:42:09 > transfer for server XXXXX started

25.03.2010 16:42:09 > transfer for server XXXXX completed

25.03.2010 16:42:07 > transferring 000197 functions, 0001771754 bytes, RFC block size = 0000320000 for server

25.03.2010 16:42:07 > transfer for server XXXXX started

25.03.2010 16:42:06 > transfer data to mapped session ID 0000008719 200 destination XXXXXXXXX

25.03.2010 16:42:06 Transfer of session data started to destination XXXXXXX

--

But the EWA in the solution manager is still empty...

Regards

Ronald

Edited by: Ronald Negendank on Mar 26, 2010 11:51 AM