cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent UD and Stock Posting prior to completion of Result Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM experts,

I intend to prevent the end users from clearing the inspection lots until they have completed the result recording of all the required characteristics in inspection lots. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try user authorisations in order to do this. Ensure that the characteristics are set as required characteristics and then make sure the users do not have authorisation to object Q_INSP_FIN. This will therefore ensure the user has to complete all required characteristics in order to access the FUD.

Regards,

Roderick

Former Member
0 Kudos

The expected results have been achieved by implementing your suggestion. Thanks

Regards

Sudhir Setiya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use user exit QEVA0010 UD: Usage decision check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

You have to handle this by creating user profile which drives this activitiy, then assign this status profile to particular inspection type in QM SPRO, this will allow specific type Inspection to behave in the was you needed.

Following are steps :

1) Using T code BS02 create user profile, block UD if RR not done.

2) Create 2 user statuses INIT & QFIN in that status profile.

3) For INIT status use Business transaction 'Make user decesion' & assign radio buttons (Forbidd. & No action) also use business transaction 'Record Inspection Results' & assign radio button (Allowed)

4) For QFIN status use following Business transaction:

*Close - Insp Comple & Use radio button (allowed and set)

• Complete Insp - short term & use radio button ( allowed & set)

• start inv. postingbef. userdec & use radio button ( forbidon & no action)

5) Assign this status profile to inspection type in QM -SPRO

6) The material which you want to assign this activity, pl assign that inspection type to material.

7) Create inspection plan for that materials, pl see that atleast one MIC has control parameter as 'Required characteristics'

Please let me know if this issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Working on this proposal, it has been found that if stock posting is attempted while the open characteristics exists, the status of the lot changes to ICCO thereby preventing any further result recording and thereby also preventing the UD. I have therefore met my objective by another means ie by removing the authorization to the object QM_INSP_FIN for all inspection types. It seems to be working well.

Regards

Sudhir

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Please go through this link. [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20fbc091-ea3a-2b10-f0a3-877ffbf36436]

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand. Although I have been able to prevent the UD before result recording by removing the authorization to the object QM_INSP_FIN, I did make use of the status profile for preventing the Stock Posting before UD. The objective stands achieved.

Regards

Sudhir Setiya

Edited by: Sudhir Setiya on Mar 27, 2010 5:57 AM