cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SWIFT as replacement for IWAY adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to replace the current IWAY adapter with the SAP SWIFT, however, it is found out that its usage is very different from the IWAY. Currently, we have several interfaces that use the IWAY adapter, basically, it is maintained in the DESIGN and has a metadata adapter which enables it to be used by the interfaces in the CONFIG. However, for the SAP SWIFT, there is no metadata adapter in it, it looks like just an ordinary stand alone interface having objects in both design and config. I am just wondering on how would the interfaces be able to use this SAP SWIFT? are there major changes in the interfaces (mapping, config, etc.) to be done in order to utilize the SAP SWIFT?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its really good news that SAP SWIFT predefined package available for customers ,

refer below link 4th page,it might be usefull..

http://www.erpdex.com/images/SAP_Integration_Package_for_SWIFT.pdf

Regards,

raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

what the swift package does (inside PI) is just a mapping

(file adapter with special adapter modules) to the message type which can be send to swift - that's all

it does not use any special adapter, etc.

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal, that is very helpful information, If it is just a mapping, then how would our old interfaces be able to use this? is there any link to it? because currently, our interfaces accesses the IWAY adapter through the metadata adapter, if we are going to replace the IWAY with SAP SWIFT, how would the interfaces be able to utlize this. Or would the interfaces be obsolete and be replaced by the SAP SWIFT mapping?

Correct me if im wrong, here is the flow of the current IWAY setup.

SAP -> PI -> IWAY -> Bank

If the SAP SWIFT would replace the IWAY, how would the message type sent by PI be compatible with the message type in SAP SWIFT?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think SAP SWIFT will replace IWAY adapter ,IF you refered my first replay you will find below info,which explined clearly

(SAP NetWeaver XI) component lets you manage the pay-to-reconcile business scenario, processes, and mappings. The epository also contains the integration directory, where you can manage the technical characteristics of partners, such as party identification and collaboration agreements.When using FIN, you have the following file-adapter-specific functionality:

u2022 Creation of SWIFTNet-specific files formatted as protocol data units (PDUs) in the automated file transfer (AFT) format

u2022 Local user authentication management between SAP NetWeaver XI and the SWIFTAlliance Access messaging

interface, which eliminates the need to authenticate users to many different systems.

u2022 File transfer between SAP Net Weaver XI and SWIFTNet via FTP or through a shared folder.

u2022 Direct processing of SWIFTNetspecific files, formatted as PDUs of the AFT format by SAP ERP Financials

The following capabilities are enabled when using the FileAct messaging service:

u2022 Transmission of batch messages via the file transfer agent and processed by the SWIFTAlliance Gateway, which

manages access to SWIFTNet u2022 Local authentication between SAP NetWeaver XI and SWIFTAlliance Gateway

u2022 File transfer between SAP NetWeaver XI and SWIFTAlliance Gateway via FTP or through a shared folder.

Regards,

Raj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>If it is just a mapping, then how would our old interfaces be able to use this?

the whole configuration and how process works is described in two pdf files attached to OSS note: 1064419

try checking it first and come back if you have any more questions

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj, apologies if it is still not clear to me, so if you mean that the IWAY would not be replaced, then, would there still be any modifications needed to be done in our interfaces? As a PI developer, are there anything within our scope that we need to do? because the installation of the SAP SWIFT will be done by our Basis Team, I am not sure how it would affect the mapping, directories, etc. of our interfaces. On a PI technical perspective, what are the changes that we need to do in the DESIGN and CONFIG of our interfaces?

Regards,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hi,

>

> >>>If it is just a mapping, then how would our old interfaces be able to use this?

>

> the whole configuration and how process works is described in two pdf files attached to OSS note: 1064419

>

> try checking it first and come back if you have any more questions

>

> Regards,

> Michal Krawczyk

HI Michal, I have the 2 pdfs that you are referring to, the installation guide is done by our Basis team (i havent really read it in detail though) and the other one is just an instruction on how to configure the SAP SWIFT that is present in the DESIGN. So let's say we have configured it according to the PDF file, then, would it be just like any other interface? I mean, how would our old interfaces be able to use it? And I aslo noticed that there is only one message mapping for all the message types. I just want to make sense of what would happen to our old interfaces once the SAP SWIFT has been installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

I have a similar requirement i need to configure swift messages mt100 and swift 900, kindly assist with configuration steps thanks

Victor