Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner as organization level

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am not sure if this is the right forum for my question

I wanna use business partner as organization level. What authorization object should i add to the role ? I cant find any authorization object. Or do i have to create it manualy (i found a sapnote for this) ?

Thx for any ideas,

regards Martin Zluky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I ask what the rational or intention is behind creating an org. field out of a "business partner"?

Which field are you refering to? --> Org. fields are authorization object independent ...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a project in public sector and there are lot of organizations which are in our SAP system defined as Business partner. People from this organizations will have acces to system but they should be able to manage only their data in some customer transactions and business partner as an organization level is one way to achieve that or am i wrong ?

Michael: yes thats exacly the sapnote i was talking about. Lets see how it works

Regards,

Martin Zluky

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> we have a project in public sector and there are lot of organizations which are in our SAP system defined as Business partner. People from this organizations will have acces to system but they should be able to manage only their data in some customer transactions and business partner as an organization level is one way to achieve that or am i wrong ?

No, you are correct. But keep in mind - org-level fields apply to all users, once they are defined. This might serve well for this single problem, but you will have to maintain it constantly for all the others - even those where it makes no sense at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a process to promote a regular authorization object to an org level. My memory is failing me, but I believe this is done through transaction SE93? The object you are talking about is one of the B_BUPA_* ones, correct?

I can't put my hands on a note currently but will look for one.

*edit

This thread was from the FAQ's. Should point you in the right direction.

Edited by: Michael Jaynes on Mar 23, 2010 11:21 AM

Edited by: Michael Jaynes on Mar 23, 2010 11:22 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Security forum